hell of a year

♡ 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐎𝐅 𝐀 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 ♡

♡             𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐎𝐅 𝐀 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑              ♡

˚ ༘♡ ·˚ ₊˚ˑ༄ؘ ━━━pt four        ˚ ༘♡ ·˚ ₊˚ˑ༄ؘ

♡♡♡ corey stared down at his navy blue adidas as the dated elevator he was being carried in audibly rattled. it was taking shea and corey to the tenth floor together. either of them had spoken. at all.

the lights were dim, and they were standing across from each other. if they weren't staring at the floor, they were sneaking glances up towards one another trying to decipher what the other was thinking.

shea's breath hitched faintly as they passed the fifth floor. the numeral indication reminded her of corey's baseball number.

"i saw the world series," shea shared, smiling vaguely. corey played brilliantly for his team. he'd apparently battled some injuries early into the regular season, but he arguably carried a huge chunk of the texas rangers' post-season. he also won the silver-slugger award from the pool of all AL shortstops.

the conversation of baseball was like music to corey's ears. he could discuss the outcome of any regular-season or playoff game endlessly, and at the mention of the sport... he smiled too.

"yeah, it- it was a lot of fun." he stuttered back, almost bashfully... but unsure in a way. he was never one to talk big about himself - even if it did pertain to baseball.

"well, it was the world series," the young woman stated. she was solemnly trying to keep it together through the awkwardness. it was hard to say she was doing a great job when she had her dry ex-boyfriend standing stiffly across from her.

corey nodded in return. he wasn't sure what to think of shea's kindness. she was always a sweetheart, but since they were ex's, were they supposed to be welcoming? he didn't know. he'd never had another ex-girlfriend. shea was his first & only.

the elevator dinged merrily, and the golden antique sliding doors opened wide to let the pair out. shea was gathering her bags, but corey stepped aside to let her out first.

"do you need help?" he offered, blue eyes big and wide. shea had only two bags, and as far as he could see she wasn't struggling with them... but he just wanted to be nice.

"i got it, thanks," shea stated gracefully, sending him a thankful nod as they walked down the hallway to suite 1004.

according to chase, cody accidentally gave tyler all three room keys so the only way for them to get in was for tyler to let them in.

corey sighed, stopping in front of the door. he took a solid glimpse across from him at shea, who looked as thrilled as he did. he hoped her expressionless emotions were towards tyler, and not him.

the shortstop gave the wood-stained door two knocks, afterward leaning against the side of it's sturdy frame.

shea had her arms crossed as a minute passed them by. she wanted to get out of this empty hall so she didn't have to guiltily stare at core any longer.

corey checked his apple watch and shrugged, giving the door another knock. he saw shea out of the corner of his eye move to stand against the opposite wall.

"tyler?" corey called, raising his tone. he had a little voice and never said much, so even this volume wasn't very loud.

"afaste-se," shea huffed, ordering the ranger in her native language. her tone wasn't aggressive, just demanding.

corey didn't know a lot of portuguese, but he for sure knew that expression. so, he pulled his suitcase back and stepped away from the door to let shea do her thing.

"tyler wade, open the damn door!" she yelled. once again, it wasn't angry, just very commanding. if corey was on the other side of that door, he'd definitely open it.

within seconds, the door swung open. shea turned her head to shoot a tiresome mien toward corey, but tyler had other ideas.

"shea! let me help you with that!" tyler exclaimed graciously, yanking her bags out of her hands and trotting her inside with him.

corey followed behind hesitantly, staring with distaste. he didn't know what tyler was up to, but he hoped shea stayed away from it. tyler was no person to be playing games with.

"this place is insane," tyler began, wanting to showcase every aspect of the beautiful suite to shea. he left corey in the dust though, because he had other plans for corey.

as soon as you walked in, there was a ginormous window that showcased the snowy mountain peaks and glazed trees. outside it, you could see the ski-lifts and colorful lights that drenched the streets.

the suite had absolutely everything in it. it was almost like a luxury apartment. there was a kitchen, three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living space, a loft (that included one of the bedrooms) and even a balcony. it was unbelievable to corey that this wasn't a lavish airbnb.

"two bedrooms down this hallway, and one up there!" tyler toured, pointing up at the loft. his arm was slumped around shea's shoulder in a friendly way.

corey set his backpack down and gazed up at the loft, then at the hallway. he decided him and tyler would sleep in the hallway. shea in the loft. just to create some separation.

"shea you can take the loft," corey asserted, eyeing her gently.

the brazilian nodded back, then turned her head towards tyler.

"i appreciate your tour, tyler. but i have to go get ready." she told firmly, but still in a kind manner. they had dinner scheduled in less than an hour, and no matter how tired the woman was she still wanted to go hang out with her people.

tyler nodded sheepishly, eyes glued on shea until she was out of sight. afterward, he spun around to face corey.

"i think she likes me," he provoked annoyingly. typical tyler wade. always out for a reaction, which he wasn't going to get from such a stale personality.

corey didn't say anything. he just inhaled, picked his stuff up, then brushed past tyler to his bedroom, ending his steadfast sequence with a door slam.

my hearts out of love.
i fell out of line.

˚ ༘♡ ·˚ ₊˚ˑ༄ؘ  ━━━

˚ ༘♡ ·˚ ₊˚ˑ༄ؘ  ━━━

we went through all that just to be strangers again.

passamos por tudo isso só para sermos estranhos novamente.

˚ ༘♡ ·˚ ₊˚ˑ༄ؘ CREDITS
lyrics from " HELL OF A YEAR " by parker mccollum.
written by cass <3