𝟏 ⋆ ★ 𝑊𝑒𝑙𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝐻𝑒-𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐶𝑖𝑟𝑐𝑢𝑠!

Start from the beginning

"Awoop! There goes Bubble! Hey there, no need to be so jumpy!" The strange floating ringmaster character with the cane exclaimed, suddenly flying over to your side and whipping their top hat from off of their head. "We're all good folk here—well I mean, at least some of us—but most of us have only the best of intentions!"

"Where am I?" You instantly respond, holding your fist in your palm, juuuuust in case you felt the need to swing again. "Why, you've arrived at the one and only Amazing Digital Circus!" The ringmaster yelled as the physical appearance of the words appeared right beside his "head". "My name is Caine, the ringmaster and showman of this fantastic place! These here are your brand new crewmates—apparently..."

Caine smacked his hands together and tapped his fingers nervously, "I am actually—heh—very confused as to why you're here...especially so soon after Pomni..."

He suddenly shook his head and flailed his arms out at his sides, "Never-mind it! We're just absolutely overjoyed to have you here!"

"Do we actually look overjoyed or are you sure it isn't just you?" The tall purple bunny remarked, folding his hands over his chest. By the tone of his voice, he sounded unamused. "Well you should be overjoyed, Jax!" Caine snapped back.

Your eyes darted between the two of them as your nervousness began to heighten. Just what the hell was happening?

The doll-like character slowly walked up to you with the short jester girl, a meek smile on her face. "Hey there uh...nice to meet you...! I'm Ragatha and...this is Pomni!"

"H-Hey...?" You barely uttered out. The jester girl, Pomni, stared at you for a long moment before squeezing her eyes with sympathy, "The same thing happened to you too, didn't it? You just—appeared here, just like me!"

Your eyes widened, "Wait—you suddenly showed up here too? I—I don't even remember what I was doing before—heck I don't even remember anything about myself but I'm certain it had nothing to do with wherever this place is. I had put on this weird headset and—"

"OH! Hey that's what happened to Pomni too, heh!" The chess piece character said, sliding over beside Ragatha, "she too was rambling about trying to get off this headset she had on when she first showed up here. Just three days ago!"

"You appeared here three days ago..." You repeated, returning your gaze to Pomni, who nodded rapidly. "Trust me, if I knew what was going on, I would tell you, but I'm still trying to adjust to this weird place myself..."

You took a few moments to process before shaking your head and looking up at Caine, who still floated just above you. "Caine is it? I'm
not really looking to stay here. Do you by any chance have an exit orrrr...."

Caine shook in midair for a moment before suddenly exploding, "You know what—ENOUGH with the exits, people! There are no exits!" His eyes darted around looking frantic. "Haha, an exit! Why, if there WAS an exit—which there most definitely is NOT—I'm sure we would've all been gone by now wouldn't we? But no, of course not, because this place is oh so much fun, why would you want to leave??"

You glared at Caine at his desperate sounding rambling and narrowed your eyes, "I can't be stuck here—I—what even..."

"Look," The purple bunny quickly stalked up to you and placed a hand on his hip, "we're not dealing with another frantic little ball of misery like we did with Peanut here the other day. You're stuck here. For good. Just like the rest of us. Now pick a new name and let's get this day over with..."

"A new name. Why would I need a new name, my names'...." You trailed off the second to realized you couldn't even recall your own name. "Don't start panicking now new friend of ours!" Caine exclaimed, "we'll help you pick a new one right away!"

Caine had suddenly spawned out of the blue a huge name randomizer and pulled the lever, causing the slots to spin. You watched nervously as the others waited for the result.

The letters quickly stopped spinning and you witnessed your new name.

"...Gay...?" You respond weakly as you stare at the letters it had landed on.

"You are, not me," Caine quickly responded, "let's uh give that another go!"

The letters spun again until finally landing on another combination. "...Y/N...?" You spoke the new name pulled for you. "Y/N! Perfect! What do you all think about our new friends name?"

"First ones' better," Jax grinned wider than usual at you. "That...that was uncalled for. It sounds great!" Ragatha tried to sound encouraging as she nodded her head at you. "Pomni and Y/N...just thinking about how they both had to end up here just makes me so...so sad..." The ribbon character began to start sobbing. "Gangle. Grow a backbone already would ya?—oh wait, you can't," Jax snickered. "Gangle? Where?" The chess piece suddenly seemed to spring to life at the mention of Gangle, and once he turned to see the sobbing ribbon beside him he suddenly burst out in a cry of fear, "AAH!"

Caine was staring at everyone in what you thought was a mix of disappointment and regret. Bubble rolled through the air over to Caine's side and began bouncing around in mid-air until Caine smacked them. "Oooooo—kay, settle down folks!" Caine reappeared closer to where everyone was gathered, "Since we've settled with Y/N's new name, I suppose it's time for me to show them around the place!"

"And let me guess...afterwards, a new adventure," The character that was a jumbled mess of weird pieces groaned, seemingly annoyed. "Coooooorrect Zooble! Could you repeat that again with more enthusiasm?!"

"No."

"...I'll take it! Yes, we will have a new adventure after I show Y/N around. We'll be back in a split!" Caine said, suddenly grabbing your arm. "Huh? Hey wait-!" You began but the next thing you knew, you and Caine had teleported out of the massive tent.

▼△▼△▼△⋆⋅☆⋅⋆△▼△▼△▼

🎪
Welcome circus members and audience alike! For those who don't know me, I am The Ringmaster, leader of the Circus Freaks alongside SynottCircus! As a major carnival/cirque enthusiast, TADC really captured my heart and now I have decided to try my hand at writing a fic for it! Let me know how the first chapter went and see you all in the next update!🎪

🎪Welcome circus members and audience alike! For those who don't know me, I am The Ringmaster, leader of the Circus Freaks alongside SynottCircus! As a major carnival/cirque enthusiast, TADC really captured my heart and now I have decided to try m...