He'd thought this was an Asgardian thing: sparring with friends and not caring whether they get hurt in the process. Apparently humans aren't all that different. It's kind of cute — and gutsy, too; they don't have healing stones if anything goes wrong.

"Alright, who's next?" Natasha asks, smirking.

Tony doesn't even hesitate. "Steve's next."

Steve scoffs. "Why me?"

"'Cause I think it'll be funny," Tony says. "Supersoldier versus super gymnast."

Natasha shrugs. "Hey, I'm game."

Steve frowns. "I don't want to hurt you."

"I think it's adorable that you think you could hurt me," she says.

Steve cracks a smile. "Alright, well, let's see if I can."

Amidst the cheers of the Avengers, Steve makes his way to the ring, and Clint slips out of it. Both contestants ready themselves for this second round, and Loki finds himself far more interested in this one. In his personal, biased opinion, he wants Steve to win, but objectively, he's sure it would be best if he didn't. He's so much bigger, so much stronger than her. This really could end poorly.

Steve stretches his arms across his chest one at a time, loosening them up. "You're sure about this?"

"Damn right," she says. "Let's see what you've got."

"I think you've seen what I've got," Steve says, an amused look on his face. "You're sure you want me to lay it on you?"

"'Course I am," she says. "Unless you're scared." She sticks her tongue out at him — a literal child, but in the cutest way.

Steve shakes his head to himself. "Alright, but you asked for it."

On the other side of the room, Pietro whispers to his sister, "Are we sure this is a good idea?"

Wanda just shrugs, unbothered — which makes Loki think she knows something they don't. They'll both be alright, and Wanda knows it. He doesn't have to worry.

Tony counts them down. "Three... two... one... go!"

Steve throws a punch, but Natasha grabs his wrist before it can connect. She twists it behind his back and kicks the backs of his legs in, sending him to his knees. One more kick to his back, and he's lying on the ground.

"Wow." Tony blinks at that. "I wasn't expecting that."

Steve groans quietly as he sits up. "Good game."

Natasha rolls her eyes and offers him a hand. "Okay, and how about this time, you actually try?"

"What d'you mean?" Steve asks.."I was trying."

"You're an awful liar," she tells him.

Steve heaves a sigh. "I really don't want to hurt you."

"And I really don't care if you do," Natasha says. "That's what they made Advil for. Now, let's do this for real, huh?"

Steve sighs again and takes her hand, letting her help him to his feet. "I'll make it quick," he assures her.

"If I let you," she says with a smirk.

So Tony begins the countdown, and the fight is on once more.

Steve waits for Natasha to make the first move. She kicks him, foot aimed for his face and showcasing her incredible flexibility, but he grabs it before it can connect. She uses that to leverage herself up, wrapping her legs around his neck.