ix. for the better

Start from the beginning

Miguel sighed, his shoulders slumping as he started to realize that his friends were right. "Yeah, I guess you're right." He said and Molly tried her hardest to hold back an "I told you so" smile. Miguel turned his head to face her and rolled his eyes at Mollys smile, holding back his own.

"Shut up." He muttered, his laugh escaping a bit as he hit Mollys shoulder with his.

"Oh, that little bitch!" Aisha screamed from the other side of the bench. Mollys eyes widened, leaning forward to look at Aisha. "Who?" She asked, watching Aisha look down at her phone with a glare.

Aisha looked up at Molly, biting her lip to hold in her anger. "You know that video you filmed for me? The one of me breaking that board?" Aisha asked. Molly nodded, she had just taken the video for Aisha about two days prior.

"Yeah." Molly answered slowly, not knowing what Aisha was getting at. Aisha handed Molly her phone, showing her the comment section of her post. "Look what Yasmine commented."

Molly took the phone and looked to see Yasmine commented, all four boys around her reading it from over her shoulders as well.

"Impressive... can't believe the belt made it around ur waist."

Hawks eyes widened at the comment. He turned to look at Mollys face and his jaw slacked a little when he saw how angry Molly looked. "Oh, shit.." He muttered just as Molly scoffed. 

"That blonde bitch!" Molly screamed. She handed the phone back to Aisha who looked just as angry as her. "I gotta do something." Aisha muttered.

Hawk smirked, wrapping his arms around Mollys shoulder so he was leaning on her slightly as he looked at Aisha. "All right, how about we kidnap her and have our boy Rico tattoo "bitch" on her face?" Hawk asked, gesturing to Molly when he said "our boy".

Molly brought her hand up to her mouth to cover her laugh as Demetri slowly turned around to look at Hawk, looking at him with a disgusted look. "Calm down, Hawk."

Hawk clenched his jaw, turning to Demetri. "All right, I hear how you're saying it, and I don't like it." He said as an idea popped into Mollys head. She turned to Miguel and Aisha, her mouth slowly curving into a smile. "Wait, I've got a better idea."

Everyone turned to Molly with confused eyes and furrowed brows. Molly just smiled at the group's expression. "Before school ended, Mr. Dominguez changed seats and moved me next to Moon. We didn't talk a lot, but she did talk about Yasmine's big birthday party at the canyon." Molly then smirked. "Tonight."

Aisha's eyes brightened and her jaw dropped as she stared at the girl. "Molly Preston, I love you." She said before she turned to the boys. "Time to strike first."

...

Aisha drove the group to the mini mart in the strip mall with Cobra Kai. Molly, who was sitting in the middle row with Hawk, got carsick on the drive over.

It happened to Molly constantly. She could only be in the car with a handful of specific people and not get sick. Aisha just wasn't one of those people. Molly was just glad she was taking her drivers test in a week and could start driving herself around.

Luckily, Hawk knew and noticed all of Mollys signs when she started to get carsick and held her hand, tracing little shapes on the back of her hand to focus on. Doing that always helped ease her carsickness. It let her focus on what shapes were being made on her hand than overthink on the fact that she is feeling sick.

As they walked into the market, Demetri looked between all of his Cobra Kai friends. "So, are you guys ready for the tournament tomorrow?"

Everyone in the group muttered small answers to the boy, not really listening and instead heading to get snacks and drinks for the party. Molly stayed back with Demetri, and smiled. "I think I'm ready. A little nervous but," Molly shrugged. "What can you do about it?"