ii. share my parents

Start from the beginning

Molly rolled her eyes at the new nickname as Eli's brows furrowed. "Mama Molls?" He asked as the lunch lady placed the food on his plate. Molly looked to Eli, shaking her head. "He called us his parents."

"What?" Eli asked, only getting more confused by Molly's answer.

Once the three teens had their trays filled with food, they headed towards their table. Eli sat in the middle of Demetri and Molly; Demetri on his left and Molly on his right

"Hey, is this seat taken?" A voice asked from above Molly's right. Molly looked up at the voice and smiled at Miguel who had a nervous smile on his face and was gripping his lunch tray to the point of his knuckles turning white.

"Miguel!" Molly greeted the boy, the big smile on her face calming Miguels nerves as Demetri sarcastically winced, wanting to mess around. "Ooh, sorry, table is really blowing up right now. I can put you on the wait list, but it's probably next semester at the earliest." Demetri cringed, gesturing to the mostly empty table the three of them sat at. Molly rolled her eyes at Demetri's sarcasm, looking up at Miguel who didn't catch on at all.

Miguel's smile dropped as he gulped. He looked around the lunchroom and sighed. "Okay." He muttered as Molly groaned, pulling the chair beside her out from under the table. "Oh my God. Ignore him. Sit."

Miguel let out a small breath of relief, taking the seat on the other side of Molly. He looked to the two boys on the other side of Molly and smile. "Miguel. I'm Molly's neighbor." He said, nodding his head to the girl beside him.

Demetri nodded his head back as he poked at the food on his tray. "We were warned of you. Demetri." He introduced before he used his fork to point at Eli. "This is Eli, Molly's boyfriend. He's a man of few words."

Miguel turned to Eli and smiled. "Nice to meet you, man. Molly talks about you all the time." Miguel said and Eli's eyes whipped to Molly, his cheeks tinging pink. Eli's hand reached over to Molly's free hand beside him. He reached his pinkie out to touch hers before he grabbed her hand entirely.

Molly looked down at her and Eli's hands before she looked up to Eli's eyes. The boy squeezed Molly's hand nervously, silently asking if what he did was okay since normally, Molly is the one to initiate any PDA. Molly smiled, nodding her head just enough that only Eli would notice it as she squeezed his hand in return.

"Dude, don't torture yourself. Those are the rich girls." Demetri said, making Molly turn to Miguel to see what Demetri was talking about. She watched as Miguel stared off at a table ahead of him. Molly turned her head, following Miguel's eye line until her eyes fell on Sam, Moon, and Yasmine sitting at a table across the cafeteria from them.

"Do you ever talk to them or...?" Miguel asked, getting cutting off by Demetri, who practically laughed in Miguel's face. "Oh, yeah, all the time. We hang out after school. Make out, give each other hand jobs." He sarcastically responded and Molly's face scrunched in confusion, shaking her head.

"You can't give girls hand jobs..." Molly whispered. Demetri rose his hand up in front of the girl, covering Molly's face from his eye line as he continued to talk to Miguel.

"Talk to them? You realize what table you're sitting at, right?" Demetri asked Miguel, gesturing to the other end of the table that was completely empty. He turned back to Miguel and rolled his eyes. "You've pretty much signed away all hopes of losing your virginity before college. Unless you get yourself a nerd girlfriend like Eli here did." Demetri said casually, pointing to the couple who were both now red in the face from his words.

As Eli tries not to make eye contact with anyone, Molly grabs one of her apple slices and throws it at the boy, hitting him right on the eyebrow. Demetri yelped, making a couple of heads turn to the table.