Chapter Twenty-Three: Cause I'm In Charge

So um... Hey y'all! I kinda forgot this story existed until I saw it while looking for a new story through a tag. I was gonna write just after New Years but I have a busy and quite shitty beginning to 2024, with university applications and a friends of mine passed but we live. I decided to come back to this today because I needed something to distract so will probably bish bash bosh a few chapters out. I wont upload all of them because then I have something to publish further down the road.

-B x

flying over the Indian Ocean Steve and Natasha are with SHIELD agents, led by Brock Rumlow.

Brock Rumlow: The target is a mobile satellite launch platform: The Lemurian Star. They were sending up their last payload when pirates took them, 93 minutes a go.

Steve Rogers: Any demands?

Brock Rumlow: A billion and a half.

The students around the hall all had wide eyes. Not even the richest families had that much money sitting in their vault.

Steve Rogers: Why so steep?

Brock Rumlow: Because it SHIELD's.

Steve Rogers: So it's not off-course, it's trespassing.

Natasha Romanoff: I'm sure they have a good reason.

Steve Rogers: You know, I'm getting a little tired of being Fury's janitor.

Natasha Romanoff: Relax, it's not that complicated.

Steve Rogers: How many pirates?

Brock Rumlow: Twenty-five, top mercs, led by this guy. Georges Batroc.

He shows them a photo of Batroc on the monitor.

Brock Rumlow: Ex-DGSE, Action Division. He's at the top of Interpol's Red Notice. Before the French demobilized him, he had thirty-six kill missions. This guy's got a rep for maximum casualties.

"That's a lot of people" A Slytherin said. Raisa just rolled her eyes "that's just the missions, not including all the collateral damage he caused." This caused man eyes around the hall to widen as they didn't think about that

Steve Rogers: Hostages?

Brock Rumlow: Uh...mostly techs. One officer, Jasper Sitwell.

He pulls up Sitwell's photo on the monitor.

Brock Rumlow: They're in the galley.

Steve Rogers: What's Sitwell doing on a launch ship? Alright, I'm gonna sweep the deck and find Batroc. Nat, you'll kill the engines and wait for instructions. Rumlow, you sweep aft, find the hostages, get them to the life-pods, get 'em out. Let's move.

Brock Rumlow: STRIKE, you heard the Cap. Gear up.

as they are getting ready to dive off the jet; into his radio

Steve Rogers: [talking into his wrist communicator] Secure channel seven.

Natasha Romanoff: Seven secure. Did you do anything fun Saturday night?

Steve Rogers: Well, all the guys from my barbershop quartet are dead, so... No, not really.

"That got dark quick." Harry said out loud by accident. When he saw everyone look at him, that was when he realised what had happened and sank down in his seat, going red. Raisa saw this and snorted and so did half the Avengers and the Marauders.

Pilot: [on radio] Coming up by the drop zone, Cap.

Natasha Romanoff: You know, if you ask Kristen out, from Statistics, she'd probably say yes.