Last Night on Earth

Start from the beginning

The robot's free hand turned into a red blade, pointing it close to Alpha, who began to struggle at the sight. "Greetings, Alpha."

"Who are you?" Alpha asked as the perspective changed, the captured Zeron was nothing but a faded screen, coming from the robot's view. Morando stood proudly as he watched the screen, speaking. It was clear that Morando was in charge of the bot, controlling it as he spoke to his captive.

"Well, isn't that just fine and dandy," Toby stated.

"I should have known," Zadra hissed out. "He made it, of course. He would want the control of it."

"Since your brotherhood failed me, I've decided to explore other options. This is Omen, he will finish the job that you three could not. If you wish to have your bounty, your vengeance, and your life, you will now answer to Omen."

Alpha watched as the robot's head tilted, eyes glowing a fierce red as Morando spoke through it, the Zeron brother gasping and groaning before giving off a desperate nod. Omen dropped the hunter, letting him back on the ground as Alpha held his neck.

From the dark, horrible display, it turned into a peaceful morning over Arcadia as the town began to fill with life, cars driving down the road and birds gliding through the beautiful sunrise. It was perfect, even the man who spoke on the radio was nothing short of happy.

"Good morning Arcadia Oaks! And to my younger Arcadians out there..." A large rumble shook the town, startling the man. "Whoa! Whoa! Did you feel that? I mean, happy last day of school!"

"Happy memories, we didn't even enjoy our first day of school, we were too busy preparing for war," Toby said before his eyes widened. "Just imagine that."

Jim chuckled, looking at his best friend, "we had the most interesting school year, didn't we?"

"Oh, heck yeah! I wish we still had the summer though," Toby said, turning to his best friend with a sad look and Jim instantly rubbed his shoulder.

"I miss you too, Tobes."

Krel, in his Akridion form, tossed over in his bed, seeming to despise getting up as Luug jumped on him with excitement. The action fully woke Krel as his pet barked in his face and the man continued to speak in the background.

"You've got all summer to snooze, but for today, it's time to wake up, sleepyheads." Krel tried to keep Luug at bay from violently licking him, just as his sister barged through his door, the excitement radiating off of her.

"You heard the bodyless man, Krel!"

Krel moaned in annoyance, "Five more mekrons, five!" Luug instantly bit his hand that was held up.

"Come on, it's our last day on Earth!" She pulled the blanket, throwing him off the bed and onto the floor. "You can sleep on the flight, it's 40,000 light keltons." Krel rubbed his eyes as Mother spoke.

"Technically, 39,000. I've rerouted to avoid traffic."

"You know I'm piloting, right?" As Krel held up his arm again, Luug jumped to bite the sleeve, the boy giving an irritated look.

Out in the kitchen, both Stuart and Varvatos were just as excited as Aja had been, wearing happy smiles and talking happily. "Big day, A-fivers! Stuey's got a whole bucket list of Earthly pleasures we've gotta do before you leave!" Varvatos sniffed the air with a smile as Stuart continued to speak, flipping a pancake into the air.

"Somebody's famous flapjacks!"

"Lively, thank you!" Aja said excitedly as they stared down their plate of a delicious breakfast.