.................................................

*The number you have dialled cannot be reached at this time*

Well that was weird. I've been trying to call P'Pond to tell him about the casting yet he didn't pick up any of it. It's way past his class time too. Maybe he's doing his assignments right now, I'll just leave a message in line about it.

A sighs leaving my mouth as I lay myself on my cloud bed. It has been a tiring day with the acting class. Either way I've decided to do it.

The opportunities has been presenting itself to me on a platter, I can't waste it. After all, I do enjoy acting. All I needed was a sprinkle of confidence.

.................................................

"No way", I muttered to myself as I'm face to face with none other than Gemini Norawit Thiticharoenrak.

The most famous celebrity in Thailand.

My ex-neighbor.

My ex-childhood friend.

My...

"Khun, Fourth. You'll be reading the line from scene 3 with Gemini. The guitar is behind you so feel free to sit and play it when the scene comes. You may start first whenever you're ready."

It didn't cross my mind at all the fact that Gemini could be one of my potential acting partner. Gemini never acted in any BL series before.

Why would he? Why now?

Either way, this is not the time for me to panic. I can't embarrass myself after meeting him again. I have to do this audition well.

Inhale. Exhale. I can do this.

"Here, jam ba ba bah! Shaved ice is served!", I started to act out the description written in the script enthusiastically.

Gemini finally shift his gaze to meet mine. "I didn't order this.", he read out his line.

"It's my treat since you're my classmate.", I flashed a goofy smile.

"Thanks.", Gemini nodded while pretending as if he's tasting the invincible shaved ice.

"How is it? Is it delicious?", one of the female director joined the act.

"Mom, this is Gun. He's my class rep. I'm befriending him so that I can copy his homework later.", I wiggled my brows to add to the effect of my playful tone.

Everything just feels so natural. Acting out the playfulness with the guy that used to be the only one seeing this side of me. It's both nostalgic and refreshing.

"You naughty kid! Anyway, enjoy the dessert nong Gun. And you, go there the customer is waiting.", the female director added.

"Alright alright okay.", I purposely acted as if I was running before sitting on the chair provided.

I took the guitar and starts to strum it. I had practiced this song for a week after I decided to audition for this role.

(Song: First Love by Nont Tanont)

"Today it has been a year since we  last spent together.
Do you remember what we had?
All the smiles and laughter,
The constant fight we had but we make peace after."

I started singing softly with my eyes closed for the first verse. Honestly I didn't dare to look up, I don't know what reaction will Gemini show towards me singing.

"Where would we be if I didn't do it?
I wonder if we would still be in love?
If I hadn't let your hand go,
What would've happened between you and me?"

Slowly I brace myself to look up. Not even a second later my eyes meets Gemini's. What was that? For a moment I could see sorrow in it but he masked it so fast I almost didn't catch it.

"First love is always hard,
It's hard to move on even as time passes,
It'll never leave your mind."

I sings the lyrics sincerely, I could relate to it. I would know how that feels like.

"Are you doing alright?
It's a question that kept playing in my head.
Just want to know when you're there without me.

How's your life?
Did you miss me?
Cause I kept missing you silently."

My eyes are still locked with his, I tried to convey the lyrics, my voice, my heart to him because these are the questions I would like to know the answers too.

"I just hope now that you're there.
You're happier where you are.
I want to keep seeing that smile on your face.
Like when we used to be in love."

(not a direct translation from the actual lyrics, I modified to make it understandable in English)

I ended the song with the last strum. I think I did pretty well. I poured my heart into it, it's as if I'm singing it to him, for him.

A song could be a language that speaks different kinds of emotions. Does he understands it?

Round of applause could be heard resonating the audition hall. It caught me off guard as I almost fell off my chair but I managed to compose myself

The directors commented saying they love both my acting and singing. About how I'm a suitable match for this character.

Gemini on the other hand showed no reaction, no emotion. From the moment I stepped in until now, he's just an empty shell. He's not acting like the Gemini I knew at all.

"What do you think, Gemini? He's a good one right?", the main director asked.

"Sure.", was all he answered.

It felt like a stab in my heart. Did he change this much over a couple years? The Gemini I knew would never say such thing.

But then again the Gemini I knew would never leave me yet he did. So what now?

"Let's do one more scene, where we could see more of your chemistry. Gemini go stand besides him and let's start scene 7."

He reluctantly stands up from his seat to come stand next to me. I pushed away all my feelings to get into the character.

I flashes a smile and acted out scene 7 with Gemini perfectly. It seems like he turned on his actor button to act well with me too. I guess we still do have chemistry. I guess something built over 17 years couldn't just go away that easily.

Honestly everything was a blur after that but I was told that I got the role. Gemini doesn't seems to oppose it either. He was just standing there clapping his hand without saying any other words to me.

Is it a good idea to act in this series with him?