"Well, first, you're not related. Second of all, you're a stranger."

"I just told you I'm his friend! We live together!"

"I beg your pardon?" the nurse gaped in shock, horror and probably many more judgmental comments swimming inside her head. "You live with an actor? Are you right in the head, dear?"

"I can explain on that one." Martin and George arrived at the reception. When they reached us, Martin grinned at the nurse. "Grace here got into a terrible incident and we helped her. She's currently staying at James' house for the time being until we can find her family."

Her face morphed into sympathy and placed a hand on her heart. "Oh, you poor dear. That's awfully kind for Mr. Ryder. Alright, you can go see him. He's in Room 103."

Martin thanked the nurse but I was already leaving. I know it's a bit rude but I'm itching to see James' condition. Once I found his room, I entered without knocking. He was sitting up on his bed and his eyes were locked at the window. There were few cuts and bruises on his face. He's left arm was bandaged but overall he looked fine. A sigh of relief escaped through my lips. "James."

He didn't turn and continued on staring out of the window. I called for him once more but still no response. Before I could say anything, the door behind me opened. Martin and George entered the room. Relief was expressed on George's face but for Martin, he showed impassiveness. With Martin's stare, you could feel the tension in the room. This was my first time seeing this side of him.

"Care to explain why you went out drunk riding?" by the tone of his voice, he wasn't asking for it. He demands an explanation. James continued on ignoring us. Martin's patience was running thin when his jaw clenched. "James."

"What do you want to hear from me, Martin? A damn apology? Fine, I apologize. Happy?"

"No, James. I'm not happy. None of us here are happy! What you did was so reckless of you! How many times do I have to tell don't go ridin' your bike when your drunk?!"

"This happened before?" I asked out loud. I don't remember reading from his autobiography about this. This is a habit of his when he's upset.

Martin scoffed and shook his head. "This isn't the first time. Nor the second. I believe this is... Oh, no wait. I'm sorry I don't remember exactly, Grace. I lost count at five!"

James finally turned his attention towards us. A scowl present on his face. "Nothing happened."

"If you think being on that hospital bed is nothing, you're crazy then. Losing that lucky streak of yours, huh? What's next? Goin' to do it with your eyes close this time? Tell me."

"Just stop it, Martin."

"I get that you're upset right now but Frank—"

"I said stop."

"Wouldn't want you to do something so stupid and—"

"SHUT UP!" James roared. His voice echoed loudly in the room. I can guarantee people heard it. This is the first time I've seen him like this. Both male are probably accustomed to this kind of reaction. They didn't even look shock as I was. Martin scowled while George stared sadly on the tiled floor. James was shaking in fury; nostrils flaring. "I'm not going to ask again, Martin."

Martin closed his eyes and took a deep breath. His face completely void of emotions. "Fine. I'm going to fix your little mishap again before the media knows about it. For once in your life, stop acting out like a fucking adolescent and be a man!" those were his last words before slamming the door behind him. James, out of anger, grabbed for the vase and threw it at the door. George got me out of the way just in time before the vase hit me.

Glass shards flew everywhere and a nurse came rushing in. Her eyes widened in shock at the mess. She tiptoed around the mess and made way towards the bed. "Are you alright, Mr. Ryder? What happened here?"

I glanced at him and didn't realize he was staring at me. His eyes showed worry, fear and disgust. "I'm alright but can you please go check if she's okay?"

The nurse was now aware that he wasn't alone in the room. She nodded her head and went to check if I was okay. He watched as she examines me from head to toe. Once the nurse cleared that I was fine, he let out a sigh of relief. She asked if there's anything else and he replied with a shook of his head. The nurse left the room and it was just the three of us again.

"Thank you, George. For keeping her unharmed. I'm sorry, Grace for almost hurting you. I... just lost control for a moment. I could... I would never intentionally hurt you. I won't." He kept his eyes trained on the bed; clutching the bedsheet tighter. His voice broken and pleading for me to believe him. I do believe him. The man in here with me now has lost so much in his life. A father figure that he looked up to since he was a kid now gone. The only person who have loved and accepted him as a son. James is grieving and people want him to get over it quickly. To be a man. It shouldn't be that way. James is allowed to feel whatever he's feeling. He's human not a robot. I looked at George and told him with my eyes to give us a moment. I'm glad he understood my message. He nodded and silently walked out of the room. Now, it's just the two of us.

"James, it's okay." I told him. It's painful to see him like this. I went to him and wrapped my arms around his shoulders. He stilled for a moment and hesitantly gripped my elbow. "It's okay. You're okay. I'm here. It's just us here. You can let it out, James. There's no reason for you to hide it. It's just me. Let it all out."

His grip on me slackened and he hid his face on my shoulder. James' shoulder shook and I could feel a wetness forming on my sleeve. I hugged him tighter when I heard his muffled sobs. I whispered comforting words and let him grieve. He let himself be vulnerable around me and I'm happy to be here for him. He continued on crying while I hold on to him; helping him carry the weight he's been carrying all throughout his life. Making him feel he's not alone. That there's someone here for him at times of pain and sadness.