Chapter 4

It was finally Friday. The days passed uneventfully. I ignored Jackson's stares while Taya barked at him to look away. Tiffany sends me a frown my way whenever we crossed paths. Why are they both looking at me? I'm minding my own business, can't they do that too? I shrugged it off and hyped myself up for tonight's movie.

During lunch time, I told Taya the synopsis of the movie to give her an idea what the movie was all about. She said it sounded like a teen Wattpad story. The bad boy and good girl kind of story. We decided to meet each other there since I have work. I finished my lunch and excuse myself to go the girls' room.

 After doing my business, I was washing my hands when Tiffany and the rest of her squad came to the bathroom. They came beside me and were fixing their hair and make-up. They were trying to be discreet at staring at me but they were doing a poor job. I was getting uncomfortable as their eyes followed my every movement. I was done washing my hands and was about to leave when Tiffany cleared her throat.

"Hey, Grace." Tiffany smiled at me.

"Hey... Tiffany." I greeted back awkwardly and wiped my hands with tissue paper.

"How are you doing?"

"I'm doin' great. And... you?"

"Good too. The girls and I have finished looking for dresses for prom. I already have the perfect dress and I think it's gonna make me win for prom queen...again. How about you? Have you bought a dress?"

Oh, right. Prom's in two weeks. I totally forgot all about it.

Why is she talking to me like we're close? I thought to myself. We never talked. Ever. She's popular while I'm a wallflower. I can't help think something's up.

"I... I don't know if I'm going," I said.

She frowned. "Why not? It's prom. The highlight of our high school. As in our last dance, before we graduate and go to college. You have to go. Come on, it would be fun!"

"I don't feel..."

"Look." she put away her red lipstick and faced me. "I think you're sweet and nice. Even pretty. Well, not prettier than me but still pretty. If you're worried looking for a date, I'm sure there are guys just waiting for the right time to ask you out. Or... maybe this is about something else. Maybe because of Jackson and I going together? As a couple?"

What the heck?! I knew she was up to something!

I chuckled and turned to her. "Okay, what are you on about?"

"Well, if you really have moved on, then it shouldn't be a problem seeing us at prom, right? Or maybe there's still feelings attached? Seeing as you are staring at him."

"Hold on. For the record, he is the one staring at me not the other way around. If you need anyone to point at, it's him not me."

She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. Her girls just stood there watching the whole scene. "Yeah, right. He wouldn't be staring if you didn't do anything. So, maybe you're trying to get his attention."

I shook my head at her absurd conclusion. "Think whatever you want to think. I'm not doing anything. Talk to your boyfriend if it bothers you so much."

"Bother?" she scoffed and flick her blonde hair. "Who says I'm bothered? I have nothing to worry about. At least, I can satisfy my guy and make him stay unlike some people."

My heart beat quickened. I willed my eyes not to shed a tear in front of them. I don't want her to see she got to me. I kept my expression impassive. "Are you done?"

"Not yet." she smirked. "Stay the hell away from my boyfriend. You're lucky I'm talking to you nicely. Do as I say and we won't have a problem."

"Like I said, talk to your boyfriend. So, if you don't have anything more interesting to say, I'm leaving. I don't have time with your territorial shit."