Chapter Sixty Three.

Start from the beginning

Miguel quickly nodded. "Right."

"I'm going to find Hailey. Don't start anything." She warned and patted Eli's cheek before walking off to go stand with Hailey.

Hailey paused her stretching and smiled at her friend. "Morning, blondie." She noticed the discomfort on her face. "Uh oh. What's that look for?"

"I'm kind of worried about Robby being here. It's like the boy still have a vendetta against him. Especially Eli." Odessa admitted.

"Dess, Eli loves you. You love him. He and everyone else here knows that Robby can't come between you." Hailey assured her. "So stop worrying, okay? We have bigger fish to fry."

"You hate fish."

"I also hate being here when I could've booked a hair appointment for this day, but, one step at a time."

Chozen whistled and it grabbed all of their attention. "Line up!" He shouted and everyone huddled together in front of him.

"So, where are my dad and Johnny?" Sam spoke with her hands behind her back.

"And my dad?" Odessa added, cringing slightly.

"Not here." Chozen answered them both.

Grayson's eyes widened. "Are they dead?"

They all looked at him like he was crazy.

"What? No."

"Jesus, Grey." Odessa exhaled and whacked him on the arm.

"Sorry! Intrusive thoughts."

"Today, you train with me." Chozen moved on. He shouted something in Japanese. "Attention." He shouted again in Japanese. The teenagers remained still. "Bow."

They bowed to him.

"Cobra Kai gaining ground. We must prepare. Come."

He moved out of the way and revealed a table of weapons.

"This is gonna be badass. Check out that throwing knife." Odessa heard Mitch say to Chris from behind her.

"Now, we learn Yanbaru Kuina," Chozen told them.

"What is that? Like, some top-secret karate move?" Chris asked with a hopeful smile. "Like a throat rip?" He imitated slicing his throat and he choked.

Odessa and Hailey chuckled. "No. It is bird. I'm English called Okinawa rail. Endangered. Cannot fly." Chozen went into detail.

"Hence, endangered." Demetri stated.

Oliver patted his back. "Thanks for that clarification, babe."

The Sensei pulled something wrapping in cloth from under the table. When he took off the cloth, the students saw a tray of eggs. "So these are the real eggs?" Asked Miguel.

"No. Trader Joe's. $3.29."

"For eggs? Damn, my mom needs to shop at a different store." Hailey blurted out. "She bought a whole carton of eggs at Vons for six bucks."

"Go when there's deal. Worth every penny." Chozen told her with a smile. "Take egg." He instructed them all.

Eli and Miguel started to pass out the eggs. Odessa took one and examined it. "Sooo, what are we doing exactly?" She questioned.

"Are we about to have a egg war?" Asked Oliver.

Grayson gasped and leaned forward to see him. "Oh, shit. Fifth grade rematch?"

"What happened in fifth grade?" Robby asked them, his eyes narrowed.

"School field day on the soccer field. Mrs. Tucker ran the egg war. Gray hit me in the face with an egg and I got a shell in my eye." Oliver explained. He shook his head. "Had to wear an eyepatch for three days."