alternate ending

・゚: *

"the inmate doesn't want to see you

"the inmate doesn't want to see you."

sophia expected to go through the usual rundown. turning in all her stuff, getting patted down by an annoyingly thorough guard and waiting 30ish or so minutes for that extremely loud buzzer before she got to see him.

"i'm sorry what- what the fuck are you talking about?" she snaps, already agitated from the long three hour drive.

"please calm down-"

"don't fucking tell me to calm down!" she releases a deep breath to try and relax herself remembering where she was, "i need to talk to him."

"the inmate is only allowing visits from his lawyer."

sophia felt an ache in her chest. it felt like she was getting shot all over again, she'll never forget the day when fezco got set up and she ended up taking a bullet. luckily, she made it out that day alive but the trauma has stayed with her.

"h-he took me off the visitors list?"

"i'm sorry-"

sophia roughly snatched her purse from the counter and stomped away from him to head to the cell phone room. she dialed the number he was given which she had memorized and gritted her teeth as it rung.

"hello?"

sophia shut her eyes and felt her eyes burning from the tears. she missed him so much it physically hurt. "why are they telling me you took me off the-" she pauses to refrain herself from letting out a sob, "baby, i'm here."

"i know. i want you to go home, soph."

"go fuck yourself. are you kidding me?"

fezco sighs on the other end. "this shit isn't fair to you. i'm bein' selfish and i can't let you waste your life. look, i appreciate you for taking care of ash while i've been in here and-"

sophia had to tune him out before she lost her shit. fezco should honestly be grateful he's stuck in prison or else sophia would've probably been cuffed for an assault and battery charge if he was standing in front of her.

"d-did you just thank me for taking care of ash l-like i'm a fucking babysitter?" she bitterly chuckled, "oh you've lost it."

"i didn't mean it like that, ight." he pinched the bridge of his nose in anguish. fezco was continuously meeting with his lawyer for the past three years on getting a lighter sentence and recently his lawyer let him know house arrest could be a possibility if the judge believed his plea on self defense but that was a very big if. "i can't do shit for you in here mama."