~ Chapter 16 ~

Zacznij od początku

Don't get me wrong I do love my family, but being Queen means I must sacrifice things. Including playing favoritism on my family. I have to set a good standard. Which doesn't allow me being able to do as I please. It is the one aspect about Queenship I am not looking forward to.

Before my parents were able to get take a snip at me, my pager boy opened the door. " The Lady Mary has arrived, your Grace." "Thank you, Thomas." I spoke gesturing him to close the door. He gave me a small bow before leaving us.

" You invited the Lady Mary?" My father disgustingly spat out. Evidence was clear he hated the idea of Lady Mary being here at court.

" Of course, her father is getting married and therefore should be allowed to attend. The Lady Elizabeth is also invited. Now excuse me, I would like to introduce myself to my new step daughter." I walked away leaving them behind. My two laddies who were sitting next to the fire joined me.

I made my way down the many corridors taking the back routes, not wanting to be interrupted by the bustle of court. Court has been especially busy with the arrival of Nobels and their families for the wedding and coronation.

It took a few wrong turns, but I soon managed to find the Lady Mary's quarters. I still haven't managed to find my way around this Palace yet.

" your Grace, how may I help you?" The pager boy stationed outside of the Lady Mary's spoke. Giving me a small head bow." I would like to see the Lady Mary, if possible?"

" Of course, M'i Lady has just settled down as is ready for visitors." The young boy opened the door stepping in. " M'i Lady. Her Grace, the Duchess of Clarence is here to see you." He spoke out loud before I walked in.

The Lady Mary was sitting in a circle with two of her laddies around a table as they played cards. Once they seen my presences,  her laddies and Mary stood up forgetting about their card game. " Your Grace." The said in unison giving me curtsy.

" Your Grace, What do I owe the pleasure of this unexpected visit?" Lady Mary spoke.

Before I answered I turned to my laddies." Excuse us." They gave me a nod before walking out of the room. Followed by Mary dismissing her own laddies as well.

Once there was no onlookers I spoke up. " I wanted to speak with you alone. I know you and my sister Anne didn't have the best relationship." She tensed at the mention of my sister.

" You mean when she convinced my father to break away from the Holy Sea and my mother?" She snapped but was quick to apologize. " I'm sorry, your Grace. For my loose tongue."

I walked over to the chairs next to the first taking a seat. " No need. I know what my sister did may have not been the best choice in life, but I assure you I have no intention of dismissing you from court. I would really love to get to know you." I genuinely hope we could be friends in the close future.

" Why would you want a relationship with me?" She took a seat across from me. " I am the King's bastard. No one as high ranked as yourself would want a relationship with a low status person, like me." The tone in her voice showed her struggles. I couldn't imagine what she must have gone through.

" I don't care about titles, only what the person has to offer as a friend." I grasped her hand, comforting her.  " While we're on the topic of your title. I was thinking of speaking to the King about potentially restoring yon and the Lady Elizabeth's royal titles."

A big smile plastered on her face for brief moment in time, but her smile soon went away and worry followed. " I don't believe my father would agree to the idea, Your Grace."

I let go of her hand " I promise I will try my best to convince him. I do truly believe you deserve it back after your hard struggles, due to his life choices."

Are conversation was cut short by the soft giggles of a young girl. Elizabeth rushed in screaming. "Auntie!" I stood abruptly up kneeling on the floor opening my arms. Elizabeth rushed into my arms as I picked her up. Placing her on my hip.

" Oh, Elizabeth. How are you? Hmm." I asked kissing her check. She kept giggled. "Go-." She was cut off by the frantic sounds of a woman calling for Elizabeth.

A middle aged woman came scrambling into the room. "Lady Elizabeth, there you are you gave me fri-." She stopped mid stance seeing my presence. "Oh, Your Grace." She scrambled into a curtsy. " I'm sorry for my intrusion, the young Lady has become a good escape artist."

" I'm sure she has, haven't you?" I started to tickle Elizabeth stomach. Which caused her to becoming a ball of giggles. After a few seconds I stopped giving her a chance to catch her breath.

" Ok, Elizabeth. Auntie has things she must complete. Go with your governess and be good." I handed her over to the older woman. Who took her away to I presume her own quarters.

I looked over to Mary to see a sad look upon her face. It must be hard for her to not have any family left, but her distance father. I made a mental note to speak to Henry on the matter.

" I must leave you, Lady Mary. I must attend to some important matters. I will come to visit you again soon. In the mean time enjoy your time back at court." I gave her a brief smile before going to find Henry.

I don't take long to find him, for I know exactly where he was to be found. I don't bother letting the pager boy announced me.  I instead walked in on my own accord.
Henry was standing over the long table in his study, looking over documents.

"Henry, my love?" I called out to him. His head snapped towards me as huge smile tugged on his lips. "Darling, what are you doing here? I thought you would be busy with preparation's." He came over hugging my waist giving me a kiss on the lips.

" I already finished with today's preparations. I just came from visiting your daughter Mary." He looked surprised at my agenda, but dropped it.

" Are you getting excited?" He questioned giving me another kiss.

"Hmmm, definitely. Just getting nervous of the duties that come with being Queen." I honestly spoke. It was true,  I was nervous about the symbolic and physical weight of being Queen.

" Don't be. You will strive as the Queen of England. I also know you will make an excellent mother to the future Prince of Wales."

The last part had my heart sink in worry. I know Henry said he would give up having a son for me, but did he really mean it? Would he execute me like my sister, if I could not provide him a son? Worried filled my head at the multiple possible outcome of this marriage. None that brought me comfort.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Hey Readers,

I thought I would try and post another chapter as soon as possible, due to not posting lately. Hope you enjoyed "Chapter 16" of "The Tudors"!

Bye for now 👋