1. spencer reid

old souls meetspencer reid x fem!reader (fluff)synopsis: fbi's annual halloween partyword count: 830warnings: mention of alcohol

old souls meet
spencer reid x fem!reader (fluff)
synopsis: fbi's annual halloween party
word count: 830
warnings: mention of alcohol

"i hate company part-"

"yes, we all know you hate company parties. but today they're also naming williamson as head of department so we're going to make the most of it, miss astronaut," your coworker, sarah, gives you a smile while grabbing ahold of your hand to pull you into the party.

you walk behind her slowly, your lips curled into a disappointing frown. the whole party is lit with green lighting and a punch that is likely spiked and spilling with dry ice. you free your hand from sarah's and quickly tell her over the noise that you'll be getting a drink.

that drink becomes water as you smell the alcohol coming from the punch, not wanting to get drunk with your coworkers. you open a plastic water bottle and take a quick drink while you wait for your supervisor to receive his raise so that you can leave. your hope is that it'll start in less than ten minutes and then end in five. however, most things don't go to your liking.

however, it's a little better as you notice a fellow agent lingering by the water bottles with you. his slender hands grab one of the bottles near you and he stands a couple of feet away. you would be stupid to say he isn't handsome, in an awkwardly adorable kind of way.

"sally ride, right?"

"excuse me, what did you say?"

"your costume, you're dressed as sally ride, right? first american woman to travel to space? i loved the physics work that she did for the university of california," he mentions, taking a step towards you.

you give him a wide smile, nodding your head, "yes, you're the first one to get it! i love her and almost became an astronaut because of her, so i had to," you look at his outfit and determine it to be one of the doctors from doctor who.

compared to most fans, you weren't the most knowledgeable, but you did know a couple of things. "and you must be david tennant's doctor for the show doctor who! the sideburns and the sonic screwdriver circa the tenth period give it away a little," you look down at the scarily accurate sonic screwdriver before meeting his eyes again.

"quite right! the name is spencer reid, i'm part of the behavioral analysis unit. gosh, great to see someone here who knows what costume this is. which you seemingly relate to," spencer holds out his hand, letting you shake it as his eyes search yours.

his brown, hazelish, eyes can't seem to take themselves off of as you bring your hand to your side once more. you nod, shrugging your shoulders a little before taking another drink from your water. "right? i only really came to watch williamson's announcement, and i had this from a past halloween, so.."

spencer nods, understanding your need to escape the place and find somewhere quiet to be. "yeah, i agree. my coworkers are probably watching us over here and will hound me for details later, especially derek. it was great meeting you..."

"y/n, i work in vicap, violent criminal apprehension.. which you already know and i probably don't need to spell it out for you," you sigh and wrinkle your nose, realizing that you were treating him like he wasn't a part of the fbi.

"it's fine, i spell bau out for a lot of people too, i get it. now, i will probably need to head back and tell them that you're a great person so that they'll get off my back," spencer shrugs, his hand raising and scratching the back of his neck as his smile falters a little.

normally, you're not a hand out your number kind of person. especially not to someone who works nearly side by side with you at work. however, his knowledge, his humor, they're just undeniably worth the risk. you nod, "okay.. if you'd like my number, i'm open to sharing it. we could continue this conversation sometime."

"um- your number?"

"that was way too forward, wasn't it?"

"not at all! i was just surprised that someone like would give me their number. i mean you're funny and clearly know your history. sure, i'd love your number, which i will also need to tell my coworkers," spencer grabs the small paper from your hand and stuffs it into his pocket.

your cheeks begin to warm up as you listen to him give you simple compliments that warm the heart. you watch as he walks off towards his friends, one of them, presumably derek, pats him on the back as he pulls out your number.

when you look back towards the stage, you see sarah walking over with a drink in her hands somehow. she ushers you over, saying that he'll be announcing soon and all of you can leave soon after that. you take one look back at spencer and his friends and take in a deep breath. your mind wonders with when you'll see him next.