~Bonus Chapter~

Hello, my lovely people 🙋🏻‍♀️,

You must be surprised by the notification.

Well, today marks the first anniversary of this book. So, thought why not write a bonus chapter? As a thank you for reading my book. Mere Humsafar has crossed 7K reads 🎊. Tbh, I didn't think my story would've crossed the 4K reads mark.

I still remember last year it was a day before Halloween and I had wanted to write a story for a while. I had this idea in my head for a long time and thought why not just write it? I randomly picked the images from Google, selected the characters, made the cover page, wrote the blurb, and published the character sketch. Since I found out about Wattpad because of Kaira fan fiction, I wanted to write my first story on them.

And here we are a year to that.

I want to thank all of you for supporting my book.

The bonus chapter

Kartik's POV:

I was waiting to pick up my angel, Kiran, who is in 1st grade. Meanwhile, Kairava sat in the back of the car, buckled up in his car seat, playing with his toys. Naira is in Delhi to present her designs. She's coming back in 2 days.

The school bell rang, and children started coming out of the building with teachers supervising them. Many parents were waiting to pick up their children. I saw Kiran and waved at her. She waved back at me, her beautiful smile lighting up her face.

She came to me with her Barbie backpack dropping off her shoulders. She was in her school uniform with two pigtails. Bhai had already picked up Virdhaan from LKG as his school day ended a few hours before Kiran. I took the backpack off her shoulders, lifted her into my arms, and planted a kiss on her cheeks.

"How was your day, Angel?"

"Good, Papa. Aaj class mein hume two ka timetable sikhaya aur humne drawing bhi banaye. Aur..." She started talking about her day, how much fun she had, and what they did.

Opening the backseat, I placed her in her car seat and buckled her up.

"Kailav, kaisa hai tu. Miss kiya mujhe?"

"Yesh, Di."

I sat in the driver's seat and drove home. The two kept each other busy, playing with toys. Once we reached home, I took Kiran out of the car seat, making her stand. I made her wear her backpack. Then I unbuckled Kairava and picked up his sleeping figure. I held my hand out, and Kiran held my pinky finger. We made our way to the house. Kiran went to her Dadi, and I went to my room and laid Kairava in his crib. I covered my son with a blanket. Turning on the baby monitor, I silently grabbed my clothes from the closet and left the room.

My baby boy had a long day. Usually, Mumma took care of Kairava while Virdhaan and Kiran went to school. But he was missing his Mumma and didn't want to leave my side. So, he went to work with me. It's been a week since Naira was in Delhi. I miss her so much. And with her gone, taking care of our children has been challenging. I don't know how Mumma and Chachi managed to take care of us when Chachu and Papa were at work. Yeh teeno to itna masti karte hain ki pura ghar sar pe utha lete hain.

I went to Kiran's room and changed my clothes. I went downstairs and saw Mumma feeding Kiran Maggi. Her clothes have been changed; Mumma must have helped her. I took my seat, started pouring myself some coffee, and had some biscuits.

"Aajo. Haath muh dholo." Mumma helped Kiran get out of her seat, and they went to the powder room. They came back after a few minutes, and I asked,  "Virdhaan kahan hai?" I haven't seen him since I came back home.

"Woh uske Mamu ke ghar pe hai."

"Acha."

Papa, Chachu, and Chachi came near the dining table. They took a seat poured themselves tea and had snacks with it. I looked at the wall where Dadi's picture was placed in a frame. Unfortunately, Dadi is not with us. She passed away 2 years ago.

Later at night. After feeding Kiran and Kairava, I read them a story and made them sleep. a day more to go, then Naira will be here.

Naira's POV:

Finally! I'm back home. The past week has been hectic with the traveling and back-to-back meetings. I can't wait to meet my family. I missed them so so much. I don't know how my munchkins are doing. Ghar walo ne unka ache se khyal rakha hoga. Par phir bhi. Dono parents ki zaroorat hoti hai. Bacho ko.

After grabbing my suitcase from the upper cabinet of the plane, I proceed to leave and went to the receival area, where many people were waiting for the loved ones. I saw Kiran, Kairava, and Kartik looking around.

As I neared them Kairava saw me and ran to me. Leaving the suitcase handle, I bent down and picked my baby boy up.  I was showered with kisses and he clinged to me.

Holding Kairava with one arm, I extended my other arm, inviting Kiran to hug me.

She embraced me grinningly. My cute babies. I pecked both of their heads.

Kartik and I shared a glance. It spoke volumes. we missed each other terribly.

As we made our way to the car, with Kairava in my arms and Kiran holding my hand, I felt complete. The chaos and challenges of daily life would continue, but with my family by my side, I knew we could face anything together.