cops and criminals. pt.1

[NOT A ONE SHOT]

[it is a small part of my previous book that got deleted which I'm sharing with ya'll]

so here we are.

i actually had the previous two chaps saved with me so i'm posting them too for the sake of continuity. and if u don't want to read them then scroll a little and an update of 7k words will be waiting below.

enjoy <3

ONE FOR THE MONEY,

TWO FOR THE SHOW.

────────

the windows squelched in response to the wipers plunging over them, workers furiously scrubbing their shop entrances clean, and there was a slight tinge of spices in the air as restaurants served breakfast for their early morning customers. she might have appreciated it too if she was not already running out of time. the officer once again glanced at her wristwatch, and it showed half past seven in the morning, she needed to hurry up if she wanted to return to the station in time.

the pavement was carved with stone as she walked past the scarcely populated streets, this was the place jennie was barely familiar with, mainly because it had changed so much in the past years. the quiet neighborhood was gone, the old houses replaced with new shops and shopping plazas. if it wasn't for her mother's idea, jennie would not have even arrived here.

since her house hunt wasn't exactly going great, her mother had suggested the very idea jennie had been meaning to avoid all this time. to use their old home.

it was at the end of dongjak district, not exactly too far from the station but in very poor condition, especially since it hadn't been used for more than a decade now. even though jisoo's mother had assured her that she had been regularly taking care of it, there was only so much she could do for a house that had no hope of inhibiting human beings for so long.

jennie had prepared herself for the worst as she turned around another corner, the region becoming more secluded and calmer than the buzzing street she left behind. but her steps halted when she heard an unusual thud around the corner of an alleyway.

her body tensed at the sudden disturbance and her hand immediately moved to her waist, where her gun was secured, shadowed by her jacket. her eyes narrowed as she quickly pressed herself to the wall, her pace being slow as she walked over to the edge and peeked into the alley.