𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

♪‎๋࣭ ⭑💽♩⭒。˚↺

♪‎๋࣭ ⭑💽♩⭒。˚↺

samira was a broken woman. there was no other way to put it. she had her heartbroken many times and had went through unspeakable pain, making her incredibly hurt and fragile. although she didn't mean it, she often seemed cold and aloof, if not around her friends. it took her a while to open up and be vulnerable and even then she was always ready to leave and always had an exit plan. this especially applied to relationships as she was most broken by men. boyfriends, friends, her own father; they had all broken her and she felt she was unfixable.

of course she hadn't always been this way. in fact, as a child she was incredible trusting and forgiving and often preached to her sisters to behave the same way. she was incredibly vivacious and extroverted and was described to be a joy to be around. she would literally dance of the walls and insist to her parents to let her dance ( allowing her and her sisters to become dancers later on in their lives ). that all changed when she turned 13 and she had been told her father had terminal cancer and there was little chance of him beating it.

this broke her. her father and her had an incredibly close bond with people even stating that they looked and acted like one person. he was the one person who understood her completely and she felt entirely comfortable with. so seeing her father slowly die each day, and her not able to help him wrecked her. she no longer was excitable and joyous and had become withdrawn and drained. she no longer cared to chat someone's ear off about whatever it was she was interested in. she no longer cared for anything.

this worsened two years later when her father had died and she had been left with a hole in her heart. but she didn't even get a chance to grieve since her mother had completely broken down. she couldn't go to work or even complete simple tasks such as keeping up with personal hygiene. so it was on samira's shoulders to remain calm and strong for her sisters while trying to help her mother. she had gotten two part time jobs while still in school and become her sisters' second mother. she too was broken but she couldn't show it. not in front of them at least. so she harboured this pain with her as she grew up, not knowing how to express it and lashing out at anyone who offered help. she knew she needed it but she couldn't accept it. she couldn't accept not being capable. so she suffered in silence.

she became even more withdrawn, which her friend gianna immediately noticed. gianna and samira met on samira's first day at school, after her family moved from the netherlands to manchester. samira noticed that some girls were picking on gianna and with her being the outspoken she was, she stood up for her. gianna was shocked that this girl who she didn't even know, didn't hesitate to stand up for her. it spoke to her that samira's sense of justice and her capacity for compassion was so strong. and so they became fast friends. gianna also noticed the aspects of samira's personality that drew her into becoming friends with her, diminished after her father died. she no longer had passion for anything, even arguing with her family friend jeremiah ( which was a huge shock ) and gianna felt awful for not knowing what to do. all of samira's friends felt that way because she usually protected them, not the other way around. samira's mother felt even worse, feeling as if she failed as a parent. she had made her daughter step into a role she couldn't commit to and she was only 15. so she tried helplessly to get her to live her life as an adult after robbing her teenage years from her.