Chapter 16: The Conflict between the sexes

"In the flush of love's light, we dare be brave. And suddenly we see that love costs all we are, and will ever be. Yet it is only love which sets us free." - Maya Angelou

(Unedited)
Zandros' POV

I tried to check it again, maybe I was wrong. But after several trials, it gave me the same location.

Dammit!

I felt like I was transported back to 5 years ago where I caught her and my sister in the bar. But this time the feelings was far more worst than before. I am scared and at the same time angry. Why didn't she tell me she's going to the bar?

I thought she had change?

Then a scenario of her with another man flashed through my head. I cussed repeatedly. Nicolas decided to drive me to the place and left the others. He wasn't too drunk, but we were hoping we won't be pulled over by a cop.

"Relax. Maybe something came up Zandros. Maybe one of her friends of employees needed her at the bar." Nicolas comforted trying to ease the feeling that's torturing me right now.

I gave him that 'seriously?-kind-of look'. It is the best reason he could give me?

"At least I've tried?" he shrugged his shoulder ignoring my blazing temper.

"God, I can see Stavros in your action! You are head over heels in love buddy!" Nicolas mocked teasingly.

"Shut up Nicolas! Wait till you find her, then come back to me and tell that in my face!" I retorted acidly. He just snorted then he diverted his attention back on the road leaving me sulking.

The whole drive was driving me to the brink of insanity. My head was too clouded with different scenarios of her and other guys, making me feel like my temper is going to kill someone.

---
Lauren's POV

We were laughing, while drinking. Andriana was already a bit drunk. It's almost midnight and I just realized my phone was left in Ashley's car. I wanted to go get it, maybe Zandros texted me or called me. I was so worried, but I can't leave the girls and they are all having fun. I don't want to be the party pooper. I thought I would wait for more and maybe asked them to go home.

"Did Zandros ever told you about Nicolas Petropoulis? That Barbaric bastard?" she grimaced as she swigged her cosmo.

"No. He never told us any story about them. All I know is, they are his friends. Stavros Demakis, Demetrio Pallos and Nicolas." I smiled apologetically.

"Oh those Greek Billionaires. I know them, but I doubt they remember me." She giggled bitterly. Her words was too deep.

"What do you mean?" I pried smoothly as I chuckled lightly. Ashley was just watching her. She seems like she knew something.

"He was my first boyfriend you know? I was 20 and he's 24." She forced a smile as she recalled their once love story. She looks hurt but she concealed it well. I can't believe Nicolas left her. Who would be of right mind to leave such a beautiful girl. She's also nice, judging her actions. Nicolas Petropoulis had lost a gem.

"So why did you chose to work to him? You're only going to make it worst you know?" Ashley wondered. Her forehead was furrowed in confusion.

I swigged my cocktail drink and watch her intently. She looked distress after Ashley threw her that question.

"I just want to make sure I'm over him!" she smiled but without conviction. Ash and I, just looked at each other and shrugged it off. We knew it's not it, but we didn't pressed the matter.