𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄: 𝐅𝐔𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐌𝐑𝐒. 𝐀𝐋𝐕𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐙

"Tickets to Disneyland?"

"Yeah, like you're going to Anaheim by yourself." Alex snorted as my fingers lingered on the auction item. I silently debated whether we were genuinely not awkward before telling him anything. "Actually, I might."

"You're joking—your parents are on a business trip and your sister doesn't have her license yet. Besides, they're tickets for two, who could you possibly take?"

"Rylan," I casually answered as I browsed through the other products carefully. I couldn't look at him for the life of me. Alex cleared his throat. "Rylan—Rylan Andrews?"

"Yeah," I agreed with a small smile, "He kinda asked me out."

Alex choked on his water. "O-on a d-date?"

"What else, genius?" I scoffed as my eyes widened upon seeing a gift certificate for vaginal rejuvenation. I could bet anyone a million dollars I didn't have that Nikki put it up. I could never get tired of how much Finn complained about his mom complaining about him ruining her lady parts. "I thought you didn't do dates."

"I don't, but Rylan's a nice guy—he's funny, he's cute, and he has great taste in clothes."

"You're just describing me!" Alex exclaimed. Of course, I was describing him—he was basically the origin of my specific type. Rylan was like Alex but with slightly dumber hair. "No, I'm describing a guy who could be my potential boyfriend in the near future."

"I don't like him."

"You don't like anyone," I reminded. Alex used to be a dopey guy who would tie anyone's shoes just because he was that nice, but ever since he climbed up the social ladder in like two days, he didn't give a fuck about anyone else. "Untrue—I like you."

"That's so sweet," I melted at Alex's pout, "I'm still going out Rylan."

"Man! I really thought I had you there for a second."

"Same girl," I groaned as I ruffled his hair. Alex groaned as he slung an arm around me, laughing as we walked toward the exit. Coming to this auction was so useless—we could have stayed home and completed our chemistry homework. "I hope you have fun with Ryan on your date."

"Rylan," I corrected with a smile as Alex purposefully messed up his name. I didn't know why he was so against me dating when he was the one who had started dating before I did in the first place. I even heard that he apologized to Chloe and broke up with her because their relationship didn't feel right. I was proud of him—he took what I said to heart and I knew that no one else would ever do that. Alex leaned in and planted his lips on my cheek. "You deserve everything this world has to offer."

"Stop making me cry, you little shit."

*

"Why are you so dumb?"

"Hey, you don't have to be so mean!" Alex whined as he tried to pathetically calculate molecular mass again. I groaned impatiently as he counted on his fingers. "Sixteen! Seven plus nine is sixteen, for Christ's sake."

"I...knew that," Alex mumbled, trying to jot down notes as quickly as he could Elena had the widest smile on her face as she watched me scream at her brother. "What are you smiling like a big idiot for?"

"Nothing—just love everything about Mad-At-Alex Stella. Please don't let me interrupt you, you were doing so well."

"I want to make an announcement."

Lydia dramatically pulled open the curtains as she had done for years now. "What happened to the motor?"

"Oh, so tragic," Lydia answered sarcastically, "It broke when it was hit several times by a cane which also broke."

"So, what's your announcement?" Elena asked as I watched Alex stare curiously at Lydia. "Do your gawking in your own time—write the damn formula, Alvarez!"

Alex glared at me as Lydia continued. "I realize that there are many things I still want to do with my life. So, I made a bouquet list."

"Do you mean a bucket list?"

"No, that makes no sense. It is a bouquet list because it is an arrangement of all the beautiful things you still want to do before you kick the bucket," Lydia explained. I hummed in response. "Makes more sense than a list of things you wanna do before kicking any bucket."

"What'd you put on it?"

"To sing in front of a big band again, hold my grandchildren's children, have someone explain Star Wars to me..." Lydia listed off the things on her list. Elena jumped on her opportunity. "Okay, a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away—"

"Check, done!"

"What's that?" I pointed at the last few things on her list. "Yes, let's see—watch Elena adopt cats and ruin her life, be Stella's maid of honor when she marries Alex, name Alex and Stella's first child Lydia—"

"What?" Alex and I yelled. "It's going to happen, I didn