First Impressions Can Be Misleading

Today was your first working at the Phantomhive estate and your first week as a new demon. Only a week ago you had been turned by the same man who had murdered your parents and baby brother. You didn't know where to go until Sebastian found you and offered you a place here at the estate. 

So far it was... absolutely TERRIBLE! You'd been yelled at and slapped only one hour in for not 'dusting properly'. You were bound to be more clumsy than May-Rin if you kept it up! But you promised the young Lord that you would try to be the best maid you could be for the ball he was being forced to throw tonight. Really it was Lady Elizabeth's idea and everybody knows that she doesn't take no quite well. Either way, he wasn't happy. It was only your first day however and you knew that the ball would be good practice for you to learn important lessons. 

One pleasant thing that happened today was Being gifted a very elegant dress by the young Lord because he said you were too beautiful to be dressed as a servant. You would still watch the others and learn from what they did but you were excited to attend your first ever ball, and as a guest no less! Sebastian wasn't too pleased with this but he had to do what his master ordered.

Time Skip to Ball - You're in a traditional ball gown from 1885 if you want to look up examples

The ball had started about five minutes ago and you were already bored out of your mind; not to mention nervous out of your mind. Too nervous to really move around too much, you stood in one place and simply watched the attendees have a grand time. Sebastian had helped you put on make up and do your hair. Even he was taken back with how stunning you ended up being after you were completely ready.

"I thought this was going to be fun" you muttered to your self, your eyelids drooping as you grew more tired. Not a single person had come up to talk with you. Maybe it was because they knew you weren't actually one of them? Or maybe you just seemed too uninteresting to interact with? You couldnt figure it out, but it was making you quite discouraged.

"I feel the same way." Somebody said from behind you and broke you out of your thoughts.

You looked up from you findeling fingers and saw a blonde boy, about 15, the same age as you. He was clearly of noble blood, and he was truley breathtaking. From his electric blue eyes down to his perfect porcelain skin. It was as if his was an angel sent from heaven. Even his voice was intoxicating.
You realized that you had been intensely staring at him since he had spoke. Quickly looking back to your fingers, you said, "Well at least you can talk to the guests without worrying about slipping up. I have no idea how I might speak with anyone here - what if I say the wrong thing? Or what if I offend someone? I'm so nervous to talk with anyone here." You stopped you anxiety induced ranting and looked up at the young boy with furrowed brows; "I apologise, I spoke too much, didn't I?"
"Not at all pretty lady! I quite enjoyed hearing you sweet voice sound so scared. Plus, your situation does seems much worse than my own. But what if I offer you a proposal, Miss...?"

"Oh right! I never gave you my name! You may call me (Y/N), my Lord." You curtsied as you introduced yourself.

"Well, Miss (Y/N), would you like to dance with an Earl?"

"But what if my master see's? He may not like me dancing, I might embarrass him." 

"Whomever your master may be, he is a very lucky man and if he should get mad, I'll deal with him myself, sweet girl. Now, lets go dance the night away, I'll lead." The Earl swiftly grabbed your hand and dragged you onto the dance floor. Your face broke out in a massive blush and your lips turned up in a slight smile.

"Fine then, but we have to be quick. Also, I never caught your name, sir." 

The Earl looked back at you with a with the most beautiful smile you'd ever seen.