Chapter 9: Old World Remnant

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Are you an exosuit user?" Paragon asked, interrupting Lina's babbling

"Um...Yes." Lina answered. "My name is Lina."

"Okay Lina." Paragon said in surprise that she answered his question. "And what might you be doing here?" At this point, Max had let his exosuit recede from around his face.

With that, all Lina could now look at was Max's glowing blue eyes. She was entranced for a moment until Allistair broke the silence. "Just tell him you're enjoying the festival."

"I wanted to enjoy the festival." Lina informed. "There are not many places to see fireworks like this anymore."

"That so." Max smiled. "Then how come you were staring at me so intensely earlier."

"Your cute." She answered honestly.

"Jesus" Allistair sighed. "Christ"

Lina's answer got max to let out a laugh and smile even wider. "A little straight forward, don't you think?"

"Sorry" Lina apologized while now being slightly flustered.

"No no, it's fine...really." Max chuckled. "I appreciate the honesty."

"Pull yourself together woman." Allistair pleaded. "Like, Jesus-"

"Christ" Another voice finished Allistair's sentence from above. Max and Lina both looked above to see an exosuit user sitting on the balcony above them. "You two done?"

"And who might you be?" Max asked as the exosuit user jumped down and landed beside him.

"Jack Monroe." The exosuit user answered honestly. Purple energy flowed through his silver exosuit and the small antenna poking out of his left shoulder.

Hearing that name shocked Max and sent a slight chill down his spine. "You, what the hell is an Apocalyptic Returning member doing here."

"Okay first of all, I'm retired." Jack informed. "And second of all...do you really think I'm going to answer that?"

"Jack Monroe, the fuckin legend himself." Allistair began explaining. "The man that keeps governments in check. One of the original seven members of Apocalyptic Returning."

As Allistair explained Jack to Lina and Max questioned Jack, another exosuit user dropped down onto the balcony. This exosuit user wielded a nanomechanical staff and had silver energy running through white exosuit.

"Ian?" Jack questioned. "You're still alive. I thought Gravedigger killed you?"

Ian chuckled slightly before answering. "Nope. Still stuck living in this cruel ass world."

"Alright, can you all shut up." Max ordered. "You know what, I don't even want to deal with you all right now. So, can you two kindly skedaddle out of here."

"Sorry about that." Ian apologized. "Just...noticed all of you over here and thought I'd pop in and see what you were all up to." Max waved him off as he turned to look over the balcony. He took a moment before turning to Jack and gave a nervous chuckle. "Can you uhhhh...you know, led the way?"

"Oh, oh yea, my bad." Jack walked past Max to the other side of the balcony. "Forgot how you were-." Jack tapped his middle finger against his temple. "blind"

"Yea I know." Ian said agitated. "Just hurry up."

Jack led the way by jumping off the balcony to a lower balcony. Following behind, Ian replicated Jack's movements and jumped off the balcony. The chatter from the two slowly faded away, leaving Max and Lina once again alone on the balcony.