Chapter 2 - Meeting the Band

[Word count - 1,015]

A few weeks later...

Location - Shopping District

Your POV

School is done for the day, and I began to make my way home. For a brand new year, it was still very cold. Hopefully a snowstorm doesn't show up and ruin everything.

While walking through the downtown area, I walked pass Hazawa Coffee, and I can see Tsugumi working there. I guess it couldn't hurt to walk inside and say hi to her. I was hoping to talk to her anyway.

With that in mind, I walked inside Hazawa Coffee, and as soon as Tsugumi saw me, she gave me a smile.

"Ah, (Y/N)-kun. It's so good to see you again." She said.

"Good to see you too, Tsugumi." I replied. "What brings you here?"

"Well, I was heading home from school, and as I walking past Hazawa Coffee, I thought I would come by and see you."

Tsugumi was taken aback by my words, but judging by the way she was blushing, I can tell that it made her happy.

"Wow, thank you." I said as her cheeks were still rosy. "It makes me happy to hear that from you."

I let out a snall chuckle before speaking.

"So, how's Afterglow doing? Are you girls practicing hard?" I asked.

"Yeah! Everyone is working very hard, and Ran-chan is in the process of making a new song." She said.

"A new song, huh?"

"Yeah, and I have to make sure to keep up with everyone, so I don't get left behind!" Tsugumi said with some confidence in her voice.

Hearing Tsugumi talked so passionately about her band makes me want to meet them, and see what they're like.

"Hey, Tsugumi, I want to ask something about Afterglow."

"Oh yeah? What's up?"

"Do you think it's possible for me to meet them in the near future?" I asked.

"You want to meet my friends?"

"Yeah, I do." I replied. "You talk so passionately about them, so I want to meet them to see what kind of people they are."

Tsugumi didn't look so sure about it at first, but she gave me a smile before saying...

"Sure. I'll talk to Ran-chan and the others about it as soon as possible."

"Really? Thanks, Tsugumi."

"Hehehe, it's no problem."
_____________________________________________

That evening...

Location - Hazawa Residence, Tsugumi's Room

Tsugumi's POV

It is now the evening. I just took a bath, and as I stepped into my room in my pajamas, I grabbed my phone and texted in the Afterglow group chat.

Tsugumi's text: Hey guys, is it okay if I ask you all something?

Himari's text: Oh, sure. What's up, Tsugu?

Tsugumi's text: I just need to know if you guys are available on the weekend.

Ran's text: Yeah, I can come. Is something happening this weekend?

Moca's text: I know! This weekend is the day that Hii-chan will give up on sweets forever!

Himari's text: Shut up, Moca! 😡😡😡

Moca's text: YOLO!!! ✌️😎✌️

Tomoe's text: Come on, guys, Tsugu has something important she wants to say.

Tsugumi's text: It's nothing too important. I want to introduce you guys to my new friend.

Ran's text: New friend? Who is it?

Tsugumi's text: His name is (Y/N) (L/N) and he's been coming to Hazawa Coffee a lot lately, so much so that we became friends.

Moca's text: Aww, no fair, Tsugu! :( Who said you can make new friends without us?

Ran's text: Stop complaining, Moca. Tsugumi can't control who comes into Hazawa Coffee.

Himari's text: Still, though, you want us to meet him, right? I'd be more than happy to do so!

Tomoe's text: Yeah, me too.

Moca's text: Well, Moca-chan is a bit curious about this (Y/N)-kun person, so yeah, she'll be there, too.

Moca's text (follow up): What about you, Ran? Do you want to meet Tsugu's new friend?

Ran's text: Yeah, I'll be looking forward to meeting him, too.

Tsugumi's text: Awesome! Thanks everyone!

Moca's text: 🎵They see rollin', they hatin'🎵

Himari's text: Bruh...

Moca's text: Sorry, had to sneak that in there.
_____________________________________________

The weekend...

Location - Hazawa Coffee

Your POV

On the following weekend, I am back at Hazawa Coffee again. What's different is that I finally get to meet the girls that Tsugumi treasures so much. As I stepped inside, I already spotted her and her Afterglow friends.

"Hey, there you are!" Tsugumi said as she waves at me.

I smiled as I walked over to them.

"Everyone, this is (Y/N)-kun! (Y/N)-kun, these are my friends from Afterglow!"

"Hi, it's nice to meet you."

"Yeah, likewise. I'm Mitake Ran."

"Hi hi! I am the cute and adorable Aoba Moca-chan!"

"Hello! My name is Uehara Himari!"

"I guess I'm last. My name is Udagawa Tomoe."

The girls of Afterglow do seem from each other, and it would be exciting to get to know them as time goes on.

"Hey, (Y/N)! Come sit over here!" Himari said as she points out an empty spot between herself and Tsugumi.

I sat down in that same spot, and all of us started talking. I was able to get a chance to get to know them one by one, and vice versa. To my surprise, it was Himari who asked most of the questions, but I didn't think much of it.

"So, (Y/N), have you tried the strawberry cake here?" Himari asked.

"Umm, no, I don't think I have." I answered.

"Oh my god, you got to try it some day! It's so good!" She said.

"You know what? Maybe I should."

I looked over towards Tsugumi, and I gave her a smile.

"Thanks for introducing me to everyone." I said.

"Of course! Anything for a friend."

To be continued

A/N: Happy birthday to Hazawa Tsugumi, keyboardist of Afterglow and the new student council president.
Thank you so much for reading this chapter. I hope you guys liked it and I'll see you in the next one. :)

Next book to update: My Beautiful Tsundere