Chapter 1 - Learning The Truth

A month later...

Location - (L/N) Residence, (Y/N)'s Room

Your POV

Seeing that today is the weekend, you would've thought I would be outside enjoying myself, right? Well, that's not the case at all. My mother had to leave the house to go to work, so I was home alone, bored out of my mind.

At least the internet keeps me company while she was away. I'm in my bedroom just watching videos until I was bored out of my mind. Then I came across a video that made me curious.

"Afterglow performance: Girl's Jam..." I said as I read the title.

I clicked on the video to see what it was about. Turns out someone recorded a video of that Girl's Jam event from last year. They were displaying the band that was performing in it. That band was Afterglow. My eyes were glued to the screen as I watched them perform, and I must say, they were leaving quite an impression on me.

"Huh? Their music is so... unqiue." I said.

Then something caught my attention. As I looked at the members, I saw a familiar person playing the keyboard.

"Is that... Tsugumi?!"

I had no idea she was playing the keyboard. She's so good at it. Then I looked at the comment section to see if there are Afterglow fans who feel the same way as me. However, that ended up not being the case. They ended up talking about everyone else instead of Tsugumi. They made seem like she's just... there.

"Now this is just sad..." I said. "Tsugumi is as good as the other members of Afterglow, and she deserves to be noticed."

I figured I should go to Hazawa Coffee and bring this up with Tsugumi. It has been a month since I was last over there, and I've been meaning to go back, but I never got the chance to do so.
_____________________________________________

30 minutes later...

Location - Hazawa Coffee

I ran from my house to Hazawa Coffee as fast as I could. It only took like 30 minutes to get there, but by the time I got there, I was warned out. By the time I walked inside, I spotted Tsugumi, working hard as usual.

"Welcome!" She said and looked at me.

"Oh, I remember you."

"Yeah, nice to see you again."

"Same. You're name is (Y/N)-kun, right?" She asked.

"Yeah, that's me."

"Would you like to have a seat?" She asked.

"Yes, I would like that very much."

I took a seat at the table I was in last time. Tsugumi gave me a menu, and she gave me a smile.

"So, what would you like to have?" She asked.

"Hmmm, the honey tea does sound good." I said while staring at the menu.

She wrote it down on her notepad.

"Anything else you want to order?" She asked.

I kept looking at the menu to see if there is anything else I want.

"The brownie looks good." I said.

"Really? Would you like that as well?" She asked.

"Yes, please."

"Okay, coming right up."

Tsugumi walked away to take care of my order. Meanwhile, I looked out the window, wondering about that video I saw earlier today. Hopefully I can find the timing to bring it up with her.
_____________________________________________

A few minutes later...

"Here is the brownie and Honey Tea you asked for." Tsugumi said as she places both of them down in front of me.

"Thanks."

"You're welcome. Hope you like them."

Tsugumi was about to walk away to attend to the other customers, but I ended up stopping her.

"Wait, I want to talk to you about something." I said.

That got her attention.

"Yeah, what is it?" She asked.

"I'm just making sure, but... are you in a band called Afterglow?" I asked.

Tsugumi gave me a smile.

"Yes, I am the keyboardist of Afterglow." She said.

"I knew it."

"But how did you know about that?" She asked in confusion.

That's when I decided to tell her about the Girl's Jam video that was posted from a year ago, and that Afterglow was in it.

"Oh, you saw that video, huh?" She said.

"Yes, and when I was getting a good look at the members, I spotted you right away." I said.

Tsugumi giggled a bit.

"That makes me happy."

"However... it does break my heart that I didn't see any good comments that were about you." I said.

"Oh..."

"Why is that?"

"That's... something I don't want to talk about." She said with a sad expression on her face.

"I see..."

Another costumer began to show up, and Tsugumi walked over to help them out. I wondered if she didn't my question is because she didn't trust me yet, or maybe it's something else.

Regardless of the reason, I hope she can be open to me about it.

To be continued

A/N: Here is a chapter for Tsugumi's birthday. Figured I might as well do it, right?
Thank you so much for reading this chapter. I hope you guys liked it, and I'll see you in the next one. :)