Hyoseop walked out of the bathroom after changing and observed his wife and son, "Crazy to think he's a toddler now, isn't he?"

She looked back and him and smiled, "I know right, I was literally just thinking that."

He walked over to the both of them and swung an arm around her shoulders, "Won't be long now until he's off to college,"

She gasped in shock, "Don't you dare! You'll make me cry."

"I mean look at him, he can barely sit still anymore," Hyoseop chuckled, "pretty soon he'll be running all over the house and we'll be out of breath chasing after him."

"We get out of breath as is, seriously how do babies move so fast?"

He grinned at her and placed a kiss on her right temple, "Probably got it from his mum, constantly on the go."

She smacked his chest playfully as she walked over to the other side of the bed and picked Seojun up, "You know, I think he looks even more like you as each day goes by."

"Really? I'm starting to think he looks more like you."

She walked back over to her husband and placed their son in his arms. Seojun quickly snuggled towards Hyoseop, yawning as he placed his little head on his dad's shoulders before quietly saying, "Pa!"

"My heart bursts every time he says that," Hyoseop sighed, "is the birthday boy getting a little sleepy?"

Sejeong giggled, "All the excitement this morning with Inah probably wore him out, let's hope he can at least stay awake until we cut the cake."

Hyoseop caressed his son's back, "You know you've done a really good job over the past year right?" he said as he looked at Sejeong.

"So have you, it's a team effort you know."

"And we make one hell of a team."

She got up on her tiptoes to kiss his cheek, "Yeah, we do."

"Hyoseop oppa, Sejeong-ah, your parents are here!" Inah called out from the living room.

Seojun's eyes sprung awake, suddenly getting excited all over again, bouncing in Hyoseop's arms, "Okay, little guy," he chuckled, "let's get your party on the road, shall we?"

...

Hyoseop had never seen their apartment so packed. They had to turn the aircon all the way up as people were starting to feel warm, but there was nothing but good vibes around the room. Soft music accompanied multiple conversations happening at the same time, and although his jaw was a bit tired from smiling so much, he was so grateful that Seojun was surrounded by the people who loved him.

He could tell his wife was having a blast, she moved so swiftly around the house, making sure that she had a chance to talk to everyone and give them a chance to say happy birthday to their son. His heart swelled at the sight, and at that very moment, he couldn't help but think about just how much he adored his little family.

Sejeong felt his eyes on her from afar and turned to look at her husband, who smiled and waved at her. She smiled back as he mouthed, "I love you,"

"I love you too," she mouthed back at him.

"So, unnie, are you thinking of adding another one to the family soon?" Somi asked her while sipping on a glass of champagne.

"I think we've got our hands full in the meantime, thank you very much," she laughed.

"But look at him!" Somi pinched her son's cheeks, causing Seojun to let out a giggle, "How can you not melt every time you stare at his face?"

"She's got a point, unnie," Mina interrupted, "you two make really cute babies."

Sejeong rolled her eyes and shook her head, "Look, why don't you two catch up first, and then we'll discuss me birthing more children into this world."

"Sejeong-ah!" Inah interrupted as she rushed towards them, "The cake is all set, it's time."

She nodded at her friend and looked at her son, "You ready to blow some candles?" Seojun responded by wiggling excitedly in her arms, causing everyone around them to swoon, "I'll take that as a yes, can you go grab oppa?"

"Oh, yes, yes! Hyoseop oppa!" Inah shouted with her booming voice as she rushed across the room.

Sejeong carried her son over to the living room, where the coffee table had been set up and candles were lit on his birthday cake. Seojun's eyes widened at the sight, fascinated by the bright colours in front of him. Inah ushered Hyoseop next to them as they all knelt down on the floor and stood Seojun up in the middle.

Inah clapped her hands to capture everyone's attention, "Now, everyone sing happy birthday in three, two,"

The entire room sang along and cheered, while Seojun clapped his little hands to follow along as best as he could. Sejeong couldn't stop the tear that escaped her eye, she was so incredibly blessed with wonderful family and friends, and they were all here today.

Hyoseop sang along with the rest of the room, but all his attention was on his wife and son. He carefully placed the palm of his hand on Seojun's back, supporting him and making sure he wouldn't fall. Once the song finished, he quietly whispered to the both of them, "Make a wish," Sejeong closed her eyes as she did, while holding Seojun tightly.

Once she opened her eyes, she smiled at him, "Should we blow out the candles?"

"Let's do it," Hyoseop replied, "Seojun-ah, come on, let's blow it out together."

He lifted his son up so he could reach the top of the cake, while the three of them blew out the candles together. Cheers erupted around the room, with plenty of pictures being taken left and right.

"Happy birthday little guy," he said as he kissed the top of Seojun's head.

Seojun smiled cheerfully before he started going at the cake, not bothering to wait for anyone to cut it.

Sejeong burst out in laughter, "Baby's first sugar, I guess," she then looked at Hyoseop, "Did you wish for anything?"

"No, I didn't,"

"Oh?" she asked in surprise, "Why not?"

"Because I have everything I have ever wanted," he responded as he placed a gentle kiss on her nose, "thank you for giving me everything, Sejeong-ah."

Sejeong smiled softly at him, grateful for everything he is, and will ever be, "Here's to another first, the first birthday of our son."

"And to all of our firsts, forever." 

--

Author's note: This is dedicated to the reader who requested Seojun's first birthday party ❤️ I thought it was an absolutely adorable idea to write into the timeline.

Two chapters to go! As always, see you on Tuesday!