Chapter 22: Consequences

Start from the beginning

Even after Aries had brought his grievances to Zeus, he was told that it was his son's privilege to serve him. This enraged Aries even more as he stormed out, cursing Zeus and declaring he would avenge his son.

No matter how many beatings Aries gave Zee, he was steadfast in his belief that war was not always the answer. He would not be his father. He fought against Aries's tyranny daily and never regretted it.

However, Zeus lived like all the gods were put on this Earth to serve his needs. To him, everyone around him was expendable and could be replaced.

In his mind, if a god suffered any loss, it was justified in his quest to humiliate Phanes. Zeus was not even that sorry for the centaur, whose name she tried hard to remember. It was a beautiful name, and she felt if she had a daughter, she would use the name.

"What was her name? It was such a beautiful name..."

Rachel, yes, that was her name, stepped into the path of The Dark to save him. But he at least offered the poor creature a boon. He only did that to make him look good in front of the crowd gathered to watch the scene unfold.

He expected everyone to understand his needs, but no one ever did. Everyone would avoid Zeus when Phanes was in the room. How sad that most of the gods hated Zeus for his obsession.

Their life was supposed to be adventurous and happy. But he made them all suffer more than anyone else. Even Hades was a saint compared to Zeus when he was hell-bent on attacking Phanes.

No one wanted a repeat of that day, but Zeus would not quit. All activities in Olympus were canceled for 1000 years. That is until Phanes announced a new transition in his creation—the Earth.

The creatures had been cultivated, wild, and free for one hundred and sixty-five million years in what Phanes called the Mesozoic era of the Earth's evolution. Phanes loved his pets.

Everyone was excited to see what he had done to this world. He had blocked the view into the world to prepare for this evening's festivities. Phanes had many worlds, but none was closer to his heart than this one. The only worry was how Zeus would behave that day.

Even Hera had cautioned Zeus before that day's event to behave himself. They could not afford another disaster like the last one. But Zeus was relentless. He would not be satisfied until the creator of the universe bowed down to him and worshiped at his feet.

That day's event was special; no one wanted Zeus to mess it up with these petty, childish games. If they were lucky, Phanes and Zeus would never meet, but that was wishful thinking. When Phanes arrived, Zeus's eyes lit up with glee.

"Now it is time to ruin his special moment and show him his place in my world," Zeus muttered, rushing to Phanes, who was conversing with Athena, who loved the dinosaurs too.

No matter how much Phanes tried to avoid Zeus, he would not stop following him around and disrespecting him and his creation every chance he got. He loved that he was embarrassing him in a crowd and thriving on it.

Phanes tolerated Zeus's constant ribbing. He held his head high and floated from one group to the other until Zeus hit him in the back with the scepter, angry that Phane's disrespected him by ignoring him.

At first, Phanes took it well. He tried to ignore Zeus's constant ribbing. He floated from one group to the other until Zeus hit him in the back of the head with the scepter, angry that Phane's disrespected him by ignoring him.

Everyone stood and stared with their mouth open. When did Zeus decide it would be safe to hit someone so wild? Did he not care about the rest of them? Phanes could punish all who was a witness to his humiliation. Zeus had gone too far.