Chapter 3

Then he heard a familiar name: "Malfoy, Scorpius". Scorpius slowly got up from his seat and walked casually up to the front.

He sat down on the chair and put the hat on his head. The hat took a long time with him.

All of a sudden, the hat shouted out "GRYFFINDOR!"

Albus was too pleased that his new friend was sorted into the house he hope to be in. He really wanted to get into Gryffindor now. He thought he basically had a one way ticket into that house because both of his parents and grandparents were in Gryffindor.

Suddenly, he heard his name called: "Potter, Albus".

He got out of his seat next to Rose, who squeezed his hand for good luck. He appreciated that from his cousin.

He stood up from the bench he was sitting on and strode up to the chair confidently. He placed the raggedy old hat on his head and sat down.

"Interesting. Very interesting. You would do very well in any of the four houses. Hufflepuff is a bit weak for your taste, I can see. You think that Ravenclaw is too studious and there is not enough application the to the real world. Both are very true. But I feel as though Gryffindor would suit you best," said the hat.

"Please. Please Gryffindor," pleaded Albus.

"GRYFFINDOR," shouted the hat. The whole Gryffindor table cheered as he marched over to his seat and smiled a smile full of pure happiness.

He watched his best friend and cousin, Rose Weasley, get sorted into Gryffindor and beamed thoroughly.

Albus walked up to his common room with the prefect of his house, Teddy Lupin, leading the way.