𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

-   NATASHA ROMANOFF -

NATASHA ROMANOFF WAS ACCUSTOMED TO WAKING UP in the middle of the night. Often it was due to her reoccurring nightmares, vividly plaguing her mind ever since she'd been a child. To sleep at night with the things she'd done was not an easy feat. But other times, it was work that disrupted her already fragile sleep schedule.

Being an agent for SHIELD was not exactly a nine to five job, more of a full time commitment. At least for those within the building dubbed as the Avengers. This lifestyle didn't respect your free time, so Natasha had grown used to waking up at odd hours to fulfil her duties. That of course, didn't mean she enjoyed it.

The clocks read 3:34am when the building's system AI had woken Natasha from her slumber. Fury had called a mission. That was all the details she'd been allocated. As a learned habit, she was quick out of her bed, though now she seemed to do so with a sigh of resist. As much as she loved this job, she did sometimes wish it held more regular office hours.

From a drawer, Natasha took out a hoodie, pulling it over the top of her pyjamas. She'd be changing for the mission in a matter of minutes so there was no point getting dressed properly, however the compound's corridors could be chilly at night. Slipping on a pair of trainers, Nat opened the door to her room and made her way out towards the elevator, all while trying to fight away the remnants of sleep that clung to her.

The doors opened again once Natasha had travelled one floor down, giving way to a certain blonde that stood in the corridor. Steve stepped into the elevator with a small smile. "Morning."

Natasha chuckled. "It is somewhere."

She eyed the fact he'd pulled on a pair of jeans and a hoodie, looking rather put together compared to her. She smiled to herself internally. Trust Steve to not be caught dead walking about the compound improperly dressed.

When the elevator dinged and opened once more, the pair of them strolled out into to corridor together. On the way, they bumped into a very tired-looking Sam. Hey eyed them walking behind him, turning around with a yawn. "You know, when you dragged me into this shit, I wasn't informed it involved nightshift."

Steve breathed out a laugh. "That's not on the contract?"

Sam smiled. "You know I ain't signed no contract."

The pair of them turned off the right as Nat made way to the left, waving them off. She pulled the doors open to the women's changing room, switching the light on as she entered the empty space. By now she was awake; entirely alert and ready for this mission, whatever it might entail.

From her locker, she pulled out her suit and quickly slipped it on. She folded up her pjs and placed them inside the locker, hoping that it wouldn't be long before she was back in them. Added to her attire was her combat belt, loaded with her pistols, and her widow's bites. Recently, Tony had upgraded them to be even more powerful. He was always tinkering with everyone's equipment. Natasha was sure it kept him sane.

After lacing up her boots, Nat began to pull her red hair into a singular Dutch braid at the back of her head. It was getting longer now compared to the bob she used to adorn, so she had to resort back to braiding it unless she wanted a mouthful of hair the entire mission.

Just as she was tying off the end, the door to the changing room opened. A sleepy looking Wanda wandered in, her hair pulled up into a messy bun. "I'm sorry," she said, heading towards her locker. "Had to pee."

Nat chuckled. "No worries."

The younger brunnete had less to do to get ready anyway. As long as she was dressed and wearing comfortable shoes, she was practically all set. And it seemed Wanda had already taken care of that, her favourite pair of black jeans already on, with a green hoodie Nat could of sworn was hers.