Part 2: Not my home

Word count: 904

{Yn's POV}

I walked home as usual knowing I was probably going to get ignored or yelled at.

"Where have you been!?" My foster mom said, looking pretty angry. "I was at Peters.. Thought you guys liked me gone.." I said. "We called you and it went straight to voicemail every time." She said. "My phone died.. sorry.." I said, shrugging my shoulders, I honestly have been through this so many times I didn't care anymore. "I don't like your attitude, go to your room." She said. "That's what I was gonna do anyways." I said, and started walking down the hall. "You know if you keep this up I'm putting you back in the system!" She yelled. "Yeah yeah.. nothing special.." I said, closing my door. All of the families that had me, hated me. I didn't know why for a while but then I just got used to being yelled at and I became numb.

I sat on my bed bored out of my mind and decided to text Peter since he was kind of my only friend and source of entertainment.

Yn:
Hey loser

Peter:
Sup Idiot

Yn:
I'm bored and probably grounded by these stupid people, you coming to bust me out?

Peter:
We both have to study for our final exams and we're never gonna get anything done if we study together

Yn:
Ugh fine.. But who needs to study anyways?

Peter:
Us

Yn:
Fine... boring old man..

Peter:
*Read*

Yn:
Sensitive..

Peter:
*Read*

Yn:
Okay okay I'm sorry

Peter:
Go study and I'll forgive you

Yn:
Fine

I decided to study for Math first since thats the class I did best in. I flew right through it not needing to study so much since I already knew everything and went onto science, my second favorite class that I was pretty good in. Next I did english and history my less favorite classes that I was a B+ student in and that took a little longer since I didn't like it as much.

Once I finished it was 10:30 and tomorrow was Saturday so I decided to sneak into the kitchen and grab some junk food heading back to my room to watch a movie on my laptop.

{8:30 am}

I was harshly woken up to my foster mom telling me to pack my things since she was putting me back in the system.. how surprising.

I put everything I had in a duffle bag since I didn't have much. "That's everything?" She said, annoyingly. "It's what I came with it's what I leave with." I said, patting my bag. "Get in the car." She said, walking over to the driver side and getting in. She didn't look too happy. "I'm gonna miss you, y'know.." I said, since I loved getting on her nerves. "Save your suck up words for another family." She said. "You know.. I don't get it. If you wanted a kid and you picked me why would you put me back?" I asked, it was a question I asked every family after they put me back, some would say because I was annoying and others would be nice about it. She didn't respond, which was also something that the families would do.

When we finally arrived and she took me inside and my favorite adult was there ready to take me. "I was shocked to see you come so soon?" Sheila said. "Yeah, I guess teenagers aren't my thing." My foster mom said. "Well, just sign here and you'll be good to go." Sheila said, slightly annoyed. She loved me a lot and was hopeful every time I was put with a family but then they would bring me back after a month or two and she wouldn't like them, depending on why they brought me back. "So.. what did you do this time?" She asked me. "I didn't do anything.. she just didn't like me around and finally decided to bring me back." I said, shrugging my shoulders. "Well, you've got some old neighbors waiting for you." She said, leading me to old room that had a couple bunk beds.

"Yn you're back! I guess that lady didn't like you.." Carol said. She was one of my friends that lived in the same room with me, we weren't close but we would sometimes have a sleep over with the other kids we shared a room with. "Yeah.. I guess the other two got a family?" I asked. "Yeah a super nice couple came in and took both of them.. always makes me depressed when people like that don't pick me." She said, shrugging her shoulders. "You're not alone, not being picked is better than not being wanted by people." I said. "Very true." She said.

It was finally Monday, week days I was the happiest since I got to see Peter, the only person that wanted me around. "Hey Pete, how's life?" I asked. "You only ask me that when you get put back in the system.. did you get put back in the system?" He asked. "Yeah, but i'm fine, I didn't even like this lady anyways.." I said. "Well, at least you know i'll never leave you." he said. "I guess.." I said. "What's that supposed to mean?" He asked with a pouty look on his face. "I'm kidding... I know you'll never leave me." I said.