c h a p t e r f o u r t y - f i v e

" We can't make any promises now can we babe, but you can make me a drink"

Y/N Southgate- 'Delicate'

The dim light in Declan's game room filtered through the curtains, casting faint shadows across the room. Mason and Y/N lay tangled in a mess of limbs and blankets on the large, comfortable couch that had become their bed for the night. It was 4 a.m., and the room was still cloaked in the heavy silence of the early morning.

They had fallen asleep hours ago, intoxicated by alcohol and a night of gaming. It had started innocently enough with a friendly FIFA tournament, but as the hours passed, one thing had led to another. Now, they found themselves in a compromising position, and they couldn't help but laugh at the absurdity of it all.

Mason's warm breath tickled Y/N's ear as he whispered, "What just happened?"

Y/N giggled, her voice soft and lighthearted. "I think we had a bit too much fun, mate."

The room still spun ever so slightly from the alcohol, and their laughter continued. It was one of those rare moments of pure, unadulterated joy. The night was theirs, and the world outside this room ceased to exist.

Y/N's eyes fell on the impressive array of bottles behind Declan's bar counter, and she got a mischievous glint in her eyes. She didn't want the night to end just yet.

"Hey, Mase," she purred, "you think we should help Declan out by finishing those bottles of vodka?"

Mason's eyes sparkled with a mix of amusement and curiosity. "You really know how to tempt a man, don't you?"

He reluctantly pushed himself up, and Y/N eagerly grabbed a bottle and stood on the bar counter and chugged the whole thing, already forgetting that they'd drunk enough for a lifetime.

They poured generous shots of the clear liquid and clinked their glasses together. The sharp burn of the vodka only added to the adrenaline rush of the night.

They spent hours talking, their voices hushed and intimate. The conversation danced from memories of their shared childhood to dreams of the future, each word bringing them closer together. The vodka had loosened their inhibitions, and secrets tumbled out effortlessly.

As the night grew darker and the vodka bottle emptier, Mason found himself inching closer to Y/N. The room was filled with an electrifying tension, and hecouldn't resist the temptation any longer.

With a trembling hand, Mason reached for Y/N's face, brushing a stray strand of hair from her face. Y/N's eyes bore into his, dark and smoldering. They leaned closer, their lips meeting in a slow, fiery kiss.

The rest of the night was a blur of passion and desire, guided by the magnetic pull that had always existed between them. They lost themselves in each other, savoring the stolen moments, knowing that this was a night they'd remember forever.

As the first light of dawn filtered through the curtains, they lay in each other's arms, breathless and content. The world outside was waking up, but here in Declan's game room, Mason and Y/N were wrapped in the warm embrace of their shared secret.

It was a night they'd never forget, a night that would forever change the course of their lives.