He chose her

"No." Plain and simple.
"It doesn't work like that." He said coming closer.

"I am not ready.. please understand." I was ready to beg if it comes to that.

"I didn't ask for your permission." He dismissed while removing his T-
shirt slowly.

"It's not right... you have no right!"
Angry tears were now flowing freely from my eyes.

"We are married now... whatever happens behind these locked doors is what is my right." He said pinning me between him and the bedpost.
"Now be a good girl and undress yourself. If you don't then I will have to do it myself and trust me you don't want me to do that." He said .. his breath fanning my cheeks which was reeking of alcohol .
"Do it fast or else I will lose my self control." He said holding the side cut of my kurta.

He slowly inserted a hand inside and caressed my midriff.
I felt like puking... correction puking on him specifically.

I tried to shove him away but rather than going back he held my wrist and pinned it behind my back forcefully with one hand.

"I am asking you for the last time. After this I am directly taking action." He inched his lips closer to mine. "Take. Off. Your. Clothes." He said slowly releasing my hand to let me do it.

I grabbed the opportunity to shove him with both my hands again but he was faster than me and he held both my wrists behind my back with one hand and with other hand held my neck firmly in his hand.

He tilted my head sideways and brought his lips near my neck. I thought he is going to suck me there but what he did brought tears to my eyes and a silent scream left my body.. he bit me with such an intensity I thought he drew blood with it.

That's when my alarm went off!
And I woke up with a jolt completely covered in sweat.

Aabha's POV:

This was getting out of hand. I should just stop watching all those crime thrillers at night. They were playing with my mind. That and this new thing my father laid on me last night.

A marriage.
Decided about 22 years back.
When I was mere 3 years old.
With a guy who must be 30+ now.
Ugghh!!

It's 21st century and my Paa is still living in 16th century.

His explanation regarding how eligible that boy is for me was fruitless because I am not going to marry someone whom I don't know at all.
He knew I am as stubborn as they come. Even though my family had given me all the freedom needed for me to grow into a person with values, opinions, discipline, rules and sacraments of my own, I still didn't say yes to this alliance. I want to meet him. See whether he is a person with whom I would like to share my whole life or not.

But no matter how modern you get ... in India it's the parents' right to decide who is good and who is not for their child.... Not the child himself/Herself.

"Pass the salt" Paa said looking at me. We all were enjoying our dinner. Me , my maa Ranjini, my younger sister Pihu and my Paa Rishikesh.
I did as he asked gathering the courage to ask what I wanted.

"I want to meet him." I said all of a sudden. Everybody stopped eating and looked at me.

"Who?" This was Pihu.

Paa understood. He put his spoon down and looked at me carefully. "Listen to me Aabha, I told you he is an amazing guy. I have already showed you his pictures and his biodata too. I know Bhalerao and his family since my childhood. We are very close friends. I am sure his son is his exact copy. Smart and kind hearted just like his father."

I was still not convinced.

Paa continued, "But still I would definitely recommend you meetings him before marriage." He said and I looked at him with a small smile, "Its like an arrange marriage beta, don't worry. Talk to him, ask whatever you want to ask him, see whether he will be able to handle the storm that is called AABHA!" He chuckled and continued eating.

"What if I don't like him?" I asked in a small voice.

"Then this marriage is canceled." He said straightforward. "But I would recommend you to keep an open mind about this marriage. Don't be judgmental just because of the circumstances in which this is happening. Alright?" He asked with expectant eyes. And I nodded slowly.

"Who decided this marriage anyway?" Pihu asked in between her bites.

Paa looked at me and then at maa and said with a small smile on his face, "Shaurya, the groom... He chose her."
He said and something weird happened in my chest.