Chapter Twenty-Four ~ Miss Cutie

Start from the beginning

"Sir, are you okay?" He immediately asked Cooper after he noticed him. "You seem to look at little bit in distress." He said with a thick Indian accent, obviously showing where he was from.

"She-uhm" Cooper pointed to Ava lost for words. "She's supposed to be prepping for surgery I thought."

"Let's see." He mostly just said to himself as he picked the clipboard from the end of her bed up that contained all her medical information. "Ah, it says here that the donor wasn't a proper match."

"What's that mean?" Cooper asked with a dry throat, emotions already threating to spill out.

"It seems that the heart that had came available wasn't the proper match to this young lady's, which means If they were to of done surgery she would of likely had her body reject the heart or the heart would have simply failed." He said as if he read it out of a text book. "Precautionary like these are Vidal to the health and recovery of our patients."

"Oh."

"She's stable still, so we still have time to find another donor." The doctor reassured Cooper. "If you have any more questions don't be afraid to just find any of us staff again."

Hours later Braxton and Grace were beginning to worry about Cooper as he sat stationed in the same spot of Ava's room beside her bed. He refused to move, spoke briefly, and wasn't eating.

They knew that this was expected considering the situation but that didn't stop them from jumping into action because they both knew very well that this wasn't helping anyone; especially Ava or himself.

So that's why they called in the big guns, Jack Kingsley.

When Jack walked in, it was a no brainer to figure out he was related to Cooper, only if he was sober. When Jack was sober he shared quite the same look Cooper had at school except older looking and with more respect from his elders.

Jack walked in with confidence even though one look in his eyes and you could tell he was worried about something, someone. Jack had been called down by Braxton, of course after not hearing from Cooper for a day or two he had already began to get worried, so when Braxton called and told him about Coopers situation he immediately drove down.

Many people knew Jack wasn't the exact suitable adult to be taking care of Cooper but his intentions were always good.

As jack walked into the hospital room, he found Cooper with his back turned away from him oblivious to the fact that he was standing there.

Cooper was sniffling a little with a runny nose, something that happens after you'd been crying for a long time, while he held on tightly to Ava's hand.

"Cooper?"

He barely moved at the sound of his name. His only reaction was straightening his back a little from slouching over the bed and wiped his wet eyes while waiting for the person behind him to continue.

"How you doing?" Jack asked him after he had noisily screeched a chair beside Coopers.

"What are you doing here Jack?" Cooper sighed while finally looking at him, in no mood for small talk.

"Cooper why can't I just talk to my brother without being harassed to why I am-"

"Jack, either cut to the chase or get out." Cooper sneered.

"Fine." Jack sighed, getting comfortable in his chair and mentally preparing for his fight. "I'm here to bring you home-"

"No."

"You didn't let me fini-"

"No means no Jack."

"Cooper just shut up for a minute and let me finish my god damn sentence!" Jack somewhat yelled practically getting out of his seat. Cooper stayed silent as a signal for Jack to continue. "I'm going to bring you home for the night, this is a demand not a question and you're going to come home and shower, eat, and sleep. " Cooper began to open his mouth to protest but Jack beat him to it. "Ah, What did I say about interrupting. As I was saying, tomorrow I will drive you back down first thing and you'll be clean, fed, and well slept even if I have to clean you, feed you, and rock you to bed myself."