*analysis + c.c.

[analysis and constructive criticism]

Hi again!

So, a little overview of what this chapter is for those of you who have not read my books before. The analysis + c.c. portion of my books is where I basically break down the aspects of my story and analyze how I wrote it, the plot, and the general story, and then constructively criticize my work so that I can improve for later on. If you're interested in reading this part, feel free to continue, but I do write it mostly for my own good! You can skip this part if you want as well.

So, first and foremost, thank you to everyone who took the time to read my story, and even more thanks to those who interacted with it by liking and commenting. Though I cannot always reply to all of them, I do see the comments and read them, and let me just say they truly make my day. Thank you all for motivating me to write. I love each and every one of you dearly :)

So, lets get started.

[analysis]

Let's begin with the analysis. I wrote this book because I LOVE gothic victorian literature. Wuthering Heights and Jane Eyre are among some of my favorite books of all time. I wanted to create something gritty and dark and fun inspired by books like that, but I also wanted to incorporate supernatural and Halloween-like aspects. So, I made a book that had witches, warlocks, werewolves, vampires, and Frankenstein-like monsters!

I've never really wrote anything quite like this before. I've written sci-fi books in the past (one called 'Venom' more particularly, a BTS ot7 fanfic that I've yet to finish lol), but nothing with vampires and all that. It was an opportunity for me to think outside the box and create scenarios with these creatures that I had never really tried to sit down and write before. If you couldn't already tell, a lot of the aspects of this stir were heavily inspired by The Vampire Diaries and Twilight, but, of course, I tried to stick to the gothic English literature roots the best I could manage, and took inspiration from Frankenstein and Dracula as well.

Writing in a Victorian-like style was something to get used to. I wasn't really sure how to write a book in the style of old gothic literature without making it boring and wordy, so in order to create a smoother read, I incorporated some modern language and writing into the dialogue and descriptions. I think this technique served me well, for when I have reviewed my chapters, I find that they're themed, but also not to difficult to comprehend. I haven't went back and reread the entire story quite yet, but I pray that, all in all, the book is smooth in plot and story and language.

So, let's review the story a little bit. Jezebel Barker is an eighteen-year-old Englishwoman from the English moors, who lived with her devoted Christian family her entire life and worked ceaselessly to support her family and siblings. She was never very close with her father, the elusive Damien Barker, but they would spend time together by reading history books and discussing politics and such. One day, her entire family comes down with tuberculosis and all sadly pass away, leading Jezebel and Damien alone and to fend for themselves as they figured out what to do next in mourning. Then, they receive an invitation for temporary residence at Riley Castle while they get back on their feet, and Damien accepts. Jezebel is uncertain about this decision, however, and fears the darkness and eeriness of the big castle.

And this is where our story begins! Jezebel begins by meeting the owner of the castle, Count Ghost, who is a sexy, alluring man with strange eyes that flare red at random intervals. Curious about him, and about the mysteries of the large castle, Jezebel begins to interacts with her environment in a variety of ways, and this produced some strange results. She has an odd nightmare of burning down the entire forest outside the castle, and about murdering a large grey wolf with yellow eyes (if you hadn't realized already, this foreshadows the ending of 'Castle,' where this did actually happen, but Johnny, thankfully, survived. [also, to explain this further, Jezebel begins to adopt her witchiness when she comes of age {18}, and basically, to put it simply, her intuition {Mother Nature} was warning her of the very possible future]).