like a fucking fangirl

Eye bags are deep like a panda's, surrounding almost black and hollow eyes. Hazel hair overgrown, almost to the shoulders. In other words, "scrungly boy"

"Gotta get out, Hunter. Off your ass and touch some grass. You have missed too many jogs." I'm pointing angrily at myself

I go over to my wardrobe and pick out the most athletic-looking clothes in there. I bought it a few years back and haven't used it since then. I put it on and it's a tight fit but fits nonetheless. I flick my eyes down to my watch. 7:27 pm. Fuck. Why is it so late? Wayy to go, Hunter. With my very beat-up hair tie, I put my hair into a baby ponytail and go downstairs. I don't have to worry about my parents questioning my jogging schedule because they're driving to Kuala Lumpur to see a family friend.

I slipped on my trainers, locked up the gate and almost started my run when I saw a crow. I'm not scared of crows or anything. it's just that this crow is in the process of tearing up my family's trash in the driveway.

"Dumbass bird" I mumbled as I shoved the trash back into the big green bin while the crow just stared as if it was funny. I wanted to kick it so bad but it ended up flying onto a nearby tree. So, I resorted to yelling at it.

"Oh I hate you!" I shouted "Look at my hands! and can you smell that? That's your fault you fucking dumbass crow! I will hunt down your family you motherf-"

"That crow looks unbothered" a voice interrupted from somewhere behind me.

I jumped. My face heated up and I refused to turn around. It was probably the new neighbour. I saw their car in the garage so I'm very much correct.

"Hey, I know you from somewhere." he stated "Do you go to (enter school name) because I'm pretty sure I've seen you in the halls" fuck. is this boy from my school? I should turn and look. no, I shouldn't. I'm going to.

I turned to see whose body this voice belonged to. As soon as I saw who it was, I wanted so badly to run out of there. fucking hell. that's Ian. Ian Craig. my luck is non-existent. Ian is the most popular senior and if he's here for the whole summer break I'm going to die.

"ah!" he exclaimed snapping me out of my thoughts. "is your name Hunter?"

Yes

"no" I answered. why the fuck did I just say no?

before I could correct myself, Ian kept talking."Oh. well, I'm i-"

"Ian." I interrupted. that was mean why did i do that?

"you know my name?"

"everyone does. are you not aware you're like the most popular guy at our school?"

i sounded like a fucking fangirl.

"I guess I never thought about it." huh. "so what is your name?"

"Uh...Hunter"

"But I thought you said it wasn't."

"Yeah. I don't know why I did."

"Nevermind. Do you- uh- live here?"

"Yeah. this is my family's holiday home." I pointed to the house behind me.

"That's nice. I guess the house right next to yours is my holiday home now." I looked at his house. then, I realised that we were still in the driveway.

"You gonna go on a run?" he asked, probably noticing my outdoor attire.

"Yeah actually, I am. You wanna come with?" Shit, he's gonna say no. "I mean like- because like- because you're already outside and like- I dunno. You know what, never mind."

Ian chuckled, the sound echoed in my brain. "No, you're good. I'd love to. I get to talk to you more that way. You're funny, you know that?"

He called me funny. Funny. Fuck, he's cute.