The Dreaded Night

Lando had just dropped Oscar off at his flat. Lando decided not to push Oscar to tell him what was wrong because he didnt want him to break down.

The only thing Oscar said to Lando before he disappeared into his home was a small quiet "thank you"

Oscar disappeared into the darkness. He walked straight to his bedroom and sat on his bed. He didn't bother changing out of his clothes. He couldn't. He had no energy. Oscar just wanted to be by the side of the sweet girl who's life is on the edge. Her life is in the hands off doctors and nurses. Doctors and nurses who have many other patients to care for.

Oscar lays straight down covering himself with the duvet that was arranged neatly above his mattress. He stares at the ceiling trying to think about the positives instead of the negatives.

He constantly repeats to himself  "She will be okay Oscar" "She's in safe hands" "focus on getting some sleep Oscar you have a race tomorrow."

But the more Oscar said this, the more he realised he wouldn't be able to be by Y/N's side until after the race. Oscar closes his eyes and trys to clear his mind. After 20 minutes of worrying and  thinking negatively he manages to drift into a state of peace.

The next morning

He wakes up at 5am so that he could hopefully see Y/N before he heads to track. He gets changed and grabs everything he needs. He calls a taxi. Oscar gets into the taxi and they drive towards the hospital. Oscar is bouncing his legs like crazy hoping nothing had happened. The taxi driver tries to make conversation but Odscar didn't feel like talking he just wanted to get to the hospital and by your side as quick as he possibly could.

The taxi parks outside the hospital. Oscar hands him some money and rushes to the receptionist. "Which room is Y/N in?" He said breathless.

The receptionist glances up from her keyboard. "room 301 down the hall and to your right." 
Oscar nods. "thank you so much ma'am" Without a doubt he rushes down the corridor doing all he can to get to you as quick as possible. He pushes past some doctors and runs into your room. 

He stands at the door and walks to you slowly. "oh Y/N you look even worse"
Oscar takes your hand and looks at his watch. He has 30 minutes until he has to leave to get to the track.
He decides to talk to you. "i have my race today. I had to see you before i left to go." He smiles slightly " i promise i will do everything i can to win and when i get on that podium it will all be for you." he caresses your hand. " it will be my way of praying to god that your going to be okay."

Oscar kisses your hand gently. "i really hope you can hear me"

Oscar checks his phone and realises he needs to leave. "i have to go now Y/N but i promise to be back straight after my race" He gives you a kiss on the forehead and reluctantly leaves closing the door behind him.

He gets the taxi to the track. Oscar arrives and walks through the paddock towards the McLaren motorhome. As he walked in everyone could sense he wasn't himself but he just ignored everyone and sat straight in the car. He puts his helmet on and whispers "this is for you Y/N" 
Oscar drives onto the grid. He is starting in P5.

He focuses so hard and it gets to the last lap and he is in P4. Oscar says to himself "P3 is in reach, c'mon Oscar you got this"

Oscar crosses the finish line in P3. "Yess we did it guys. Lets goo!"  Oscar is smiling brightly. He won this race for you.