Chapter 69: The Other Side of Distress

Start from the beginning

"Full battle speed! Go through that opening!"

"Follow behind me!" (RA Zuikaku)

With a burst of speed, Zuikaku charged forward, splashing water onto my girls.

"Wha- hey!" (Agano)

"Wah!" (Zuihou)

The six girls increased the speed and followed Zuikaku as she parried and sliced her way through the Sirens that were starting to regroup. She deflected the projectiles launched by the Sirens and made them regret getting too close.

Not like they have any emotions... I think.

"How is she so fast?" (Agano)

"Must be another special ability of hers." (Ooyodo)

Thanks to Zuikaku 'cutting' a path, the six girls managed to catch up to her unimpeded. She finally stopped and was looking at something.

Or someone...

"Ise-senpai... Hyuuga-senpai..." (RA Zuikaku)

Standing in front of them are two tall women in miko outfits. One seems to be a wolfgirl with red tail while the other is a tiger girl with white tail

The wolfgirl has red hair tied in a messy high ponytail. Her outfit is a white cropped-miko uniform with black-red highlights, red hakama pants, a gray shoulder samurai-esque armor on her left arm and black wooden gauntlets tied to both arms tied with a red string. She wields a naginata in her hand.

The tiger girl seems to taken inspiration from our Shouhou for her type of fashion. The white kimono with a white tiger motif she is wearing dangles on the left side of her hip. Her medium-size chest wrapped with bandages and a black obi wrapped around her mid-section. She wears a black pleated skirt with black and red armoured cuffs over white socks and black slippers. Just like the wolf girl, she also has a red and black arm gauntlets. Just like the other one, she too holds a naginata.

So that's the otherworld's Ise and Hyuuga. They look... young, compared to our more mature-looking Aviation Battleships.

"Good thing Fusou and Yamashiro aren't here." (Shiratsuyu)

"Yeah." (Shigure)

"So you two were the source of the signal, huh... Don't tell me..." (RA Zuikaku)

"..." (RA Ise?)

"..." (RA Hyuuga)

"I don't think they are safe either." (Agano)

"That expressionless face..." (Ooyodo)

"Yep. They already gone."

"I figured as much..." (RA Zuikaku)

Zuikaku clutched her katana with both hands and got into a stance,

"If it's a battle you want, then a battle you'll get!" (RA Zuikaku)

The two battleships snapped their cannons into place, aiming at the strike fleet.

"Zuikaku, stay in-"

"I will handle Ise-senpai! Take care of Hyuuga-senpai for me!" (RA Zuikakau)

Before I could even finish my sentence, Zuikaku's robe flew upwards, mimicking the wings of a crane, and the Carrier charged forward.

"Thought so. Line Ahead formation. Agano, Ooyodo, make sure your shots land. Can't have you wasting ammo. Shigure and Shiratsuyu, both you will provide machinegun fire support. I need you two to really conserve what a little ammo you have left. Zuihou and Prinz Eugen will do the usual."