Chapter 51: Deny

Shioi's kept its distance and flew behind the Abyssal fleet. It followed the Abyssal fleet has it moved 40 degrees South-East. The new Seiran has a larger detection radius, which is, fortunately and seemingly, just right outside of the Abyssal's detection range.

"Thanks, Shioi. Zain, you seeing this?"

"Sial. It really did show up. I didn't even get to deploy my girls for this phase." (Admiral Zain)

After reporting that the 10th Submarine Fleet encountered the new Abyssal Princess and submitting the battle footage, HQ couldn't believe it. It appeared way too early and abruptly. The great minds at Intel gave it the name 'New Mediterranean Dreadnought Water Princess'. Before Zain could give the order for his girls to engage it, it was agreed that the 10th Submarine Fleet provide live visual confirmation that the new enemy was appeared. That condition has been fulfilled thanks to Shioi. Now, we are just tracking it and trying to figure out where it would go.

"Keep tracking it. Rotate with the others periodically."

"Roger." (Shioi)

I pulled out the digital map of the area on the Battle Board in the middle of the room. The red dot represents the target, blue is ours, and the 'plane' is Shioi's Seiran. I flipped through the original intel booklet issued to us before this operation. According to this, there should be enemies here, here, here, over there, and this spot here. So these spots are T2, T1, T3, T4, and Z2. The New one is supposed to pop up at Z2 after we destroy the ones at the four 'T's. IS sudden appearance has needlessly complicated things. Right now, it's moving towards Z2, where it's supposed to stay and supposedly guard the resource nodes.

Wait...

Isn't this kind of bad? Based on it's current trajectory, it will encounter the Abyssals at T3 and T4. If it teams up with the other Abyssal fleets along the way, we could be facing a horde. Forget failing the operation, three Abyssal Fleets teaming up will be catastrophic for Force X. We need to clear out T3 and T4 before the Princess's escorts can ally themselves with said fleets. If we can take them out, at least weaken or thin them out. But I can't risk Shioi and the others as well. At this rate, the Abyssal Combined Fleet will reach T3 in a few hours. They are keeping it slow and steady. At their fastest, The submarines can definitely reach T3 and T4 first.

I will do whatever I can...

"10th Submarine Fleet, change of plans. I will need you to work a little harder on this. Head towards T3 and T4 at full speed and eliminate as many Abyssals you can. Do not, under any circumstance, engage the New Princess. Move to T4 as soon as the Princess gets within radar range."

"Our job is not done?" (Ro)

"Unfortunately, no. The is a risk of a horde forming with we don't thin out the enemy forces along its path. We need to deny it that chance. So, the mission to take out the Abyssals at T3 and T4 is still in operation."

For some reason, the submarines girls started smiling gleefully and cheering.

"So, that means we still have a role to play. Right, Admiral?" (Shioi)

"Er... Yeah."

"Yay!" (All)

Why are they so happy about this?

...

Oh. I get it. Why am I not surprised?

"I know you are excited, but don't push too far."

"We know. 10th Submarine Fleet, moving to designated point T3. Full Battle Speed! Let's go!" (Shioi)

The submarines sped up, circumventing the Abyssal Princess's location and made a beeline to T3. The Seiran that was tracking the fleet immediately returned to it's owner, almost exposing itself to the Abyssals. A little over an hour or so, the 10th Subamrine Fleet encountered the Abyssal Fleet stationed at T3.