Chapter 1

Charlie brushed her teeth in the bathroom mirror and heard her mom call from the kitchen, "Charlie! Breakfast!"

It was the first day of her final senior year at Culver Creek. Charlie didn't know why, but it seemed that for the past 3 years of High School, every single boy was trying to snag a date with her. Sure, she thought she was ...sort of pretty. With long, silky brunette hair, wide, green eyes, and a slim body, Charlie definitely didn't think she was ugly. But she didn't know why everyone wanted to date her. Literally, everyone. Even a few guys who were already in relationships.

Charlie didn't really have many friends. Her two closest friends were Kylie Rivers, and Lucy Radcliffe. The rest of the girls at her school hated her for all the attention she was getting, or were too intimidated to even come near her.

She didn't particularly bask in all the attention she got, but she wasn't complaining either. 

Charlie pushed her thoughts aside, and ran her brush through her tangled hair, standing before the mirror. She put on a touch of eyeliner, mascara, and some lipgloss, and smiled. The makeup didn't completely cover her face like most girls at her school chose to do, but it accentuated it.

"I'm Charlie Harper, and I'm going to get through today with a smile on my face." She took a deep breath and stepped out of the bathroom.

Her sister groaned, "Finally! I've been waiting here for practically, like, thirty minutes!" Charlie rolled her eyes, not dignifying her sister with a response, but silently hoping she hadn't heard her talking to herself just a few seconds ago.

Her sister was annoying to say the least. She wasn't ignorant, but she acted like she was in order to "fit in". Charlie simply sighed and thanked herself that her sister was a sophomore, and not a senior like Charlie.

She strolled down the stairs and into the kitchen, still in her pajamas.

Her mom's eyes widened, "Sweetie! You need to change. You have school today, did you forget?"

"How could I forget, mom?" She said sarcastically, rummaging through the cupboards for her favorite- CoCo Puffs cereal.

"Yeah" Her sister agreed, walking into the kitchen, "Charlie doesn't even have to set an alarm, mom. She gets waken up by a ga-jillion text messages from guys saying 'good morning beautiful', or whatever." She mocked, jealousy shining through her voice.

Her mom sighed at Charlie, "Crystal, be nice to your sister. You're just as beautiful, Charlie just has an easier time making friends than you do."

Charlie snorted, "I don't want to be friends with them." She then looked over to Crystal and batted her eyelashes, acting dumb, "It's not my fault boys think I'm prettier than you, Crissy!"

Crystal's nostrils flared and she pouted, "Mom!"

Charlie received a warning look from her mom, "That's enough, Charlie."

She shrugged and walked upstairs, choosing an outfit for the day. Crystal wanted to be that way, she thought, then fine. I'll show her pretty, Charlie thought.

Digging through her closet, Charlie picked out a pretty vintage-looking floral dress that she got from France last summer, with a pair of black converse. She put on a few rings, and ruffled her hair so it looked like she didn't try too hard.

She strolled downstairs, and Crystal gaped at her. Charlie simply smiled, and eyed Crystal's outfit. Skinny jeans with a skimpy top, and black heels. Predictable.

Breaking the tension in the room, their mom said, "So girls, any news this year? Anything special?"

Crystal beamed, "Actually, mom, yeah! You know the Hughes? They just moved in next door?"