THIRTY THREE

—[ r u n ]— }{{ could never tell you what happenedthe day I turned seventeenthe rise of a king and the fall of a queenseventeen }future; 03

—[ r u n ]—
}{
{ could never tell you what happened
the day I turned seventeen
the rise of a king and the fall of a queen
seventeen }
future; 03

c h a p t e r  t h i r t y t h r e e
「 h i m 」
}{

Takemichi lets out a shudder. "These letters are... heavy" he says reading through one after another

Naoto hums and points at the first one. "You have any idea who Yuki is referring to when she says him? It's clear that who she's talking about isn't Sano Manjiro or any of the other Toman admins. She talks about this guy a lot. Any ideas?"

Takemichi shakes his head but then remembers what happened before he leaped back to the present. "Wait... Today 12 years ago at the shrine we were having an emergency meeting. A lot of the divisions got attacked and I heard Yuki-chan got attacked too and had to go to the hospital. But at the meeting, she didn't have any bruises or any kind of wounds. Yuki-chan ended up leaving in the middle of the meeting and then at the end some Tenjiku guys attacked her or something" Takemichi says "she was having a panic attack and said something like 'he's back. he's going to kill me'. do you think She's talking about the same person in these letters?"

"That's a possibility. A huge one actually" Naoto tells him "Who is it that scared her so much in the past that she had a panic attack amidst the other Toman members?"

Takemichi shakes his head. He thinks back to the scar Yuki showed him and Chifuyu. Maybe they're the same person? He can't be sure. "As much as these letters are making me sick, I think we'll have to read more" Takemichi says reluctantly "Yuki-chan never named the person she was afraid of and I don't think Mikey-kun in the past knows who is he either"

Tears well up in the timeleaper's eyes. "Takemichi-kun?" Naoto says as the other reads more and more letter

"Naoto" Takemichi says as his tears begin to fall "Is it wrong for me to hope she's dead?"

━━━━━━━━━━━

August 14 2010

Dear Chifuyu,

I think Mikey isn't okay. It's been 7 years since Shin-nī died. We visited his grave today. All three of us. He was weirdly nice today to Mikey and me Mikey didn't say much today and I stayed quiet too. I didn't want to risk getting anyone angry. We ate and he and Mikey drank a little. I didn't drink because apparently, I'm not old enough. The legal drinking age is the last law I'd think these guys would follow.

Sometimes I wonder what Shinichiro-nī would say if he was still here. But then again, if he was still here then none of this would be happening right now. He wouldn't have done that to me, the 9th gen Black Dragons wouldn't have attacked Kazutora, Toman wouldn't have been formed. In the end, I guess it was Shin-nī's death that caused everything. But sometimes I think it was something else. I could be out of my mind. I think I am. He increased the dosage.

Time tends to blur when I take the medication. He says it's to make me better but I think it's making me worse. I can't tell him I don't want to take it. He'll get angry and hurt Mikey. He's holding Mikey against me and me against Mikey. Tragic isn't it? I wonder what will happen the day I day. Will Mikey be able to leave? Will he be able to go back to his friends and live happily ever after? I hope so.

I really miss how things used to be. I miss everyone. I miss you.

We just have to hold out for a few more years. Then it'll all be okay.

From
Wang Yuki

━━━━━━━━━━━