Wooyoung took his hand. "That should not even be a question, my prince. Of course I will."

"You-" Yeosang started to say, but then the first of the hundreds of people Yeosang mentioned came up to them, congratulating Yeosang and wishing him luck. Some seemed genuine, some not so much. Some were even brave enough to ask about Wooyoung, to which Yeosang simply said, "He is my lover," followed by a look daring them to say anything against it. Nobody did, nobody would dare oppose their newly-appointed King.

"You have even more nerve than I thought," a female voice said. After a while, Wooyoung had stopped marking the faces of the people who had come to talk. But this one, he recognized.

"I shall take that as a compliment, Princess," Yeosang said.

"You should."

Yeosang looked between Wooyoung and the princess. "This is a conversation I must have alone, Wooyoungie."

Wooyoung knew what Yeosang wanted to talk to Princess Chaeryeong about. More than once he'd expressed his regret for essentially abandoning her when they'd just gotten engaged and began wedding preparations. Perhaps he didn't have romantic feelings for her but he did appreciate what she had been willing to do. 

So, Wooyoung left and quickly found Yunho--it was easy, being as he was taller than most of the guests there. Yunho was there tonight not as a servant but as a guest. "Why aren't you dancing?" Wooyoung asked.

"I would put everyone else to shame on the dance floor but alas, I have no partner." He looked Wooyoung up and down. "You play the part of a royal very well."

"I may look it," Wooyoung admitted because indeed, his perfectly fitted black suit and styled hair allowed him to fit in seamlessly with the other upperclassmen. "But I will never pretend to be something I'm not. To anyone who asks, I will tell them the truth. I come from a poor family and have no power."

"And there will surely be many people asking after tonight." Yunho smiled. "Perhaps Prince- King  Yeosang didn't explicitly say it, but your love for each other was plain as day when you two danced. Word will spread quickly."

"Let it," Wooyoung said. "If people don't like it, they are not forced to stay in Aurora."

They chatted for a short while. Eventually, Wooyoung glanced back to see how Yeosang's conversation with Princess Chaeryeong was faring, but his heart skipped a beat when he realized that she was no longer the person Yeosang was speaking with. If the back of the prince's head didn't give it away, Yeosang's uncomfortable expression sure did.

"I have to go," he told Yunho hastily, then left without bothering to wait for a reply. 

He took his place by Yeosang's side. "Good evening," he said, without so much as a bow of the head toward Prince Taehyun. "It has been a while since we last spoke." 

Taehyun looked at him with distaste before turning his attention back to Yeosang. "I was just inquiring about your King's availability now that his...preferences are open for all to see."

Wooyoung burned with anger at even the thought of Taehyun pursuing Yeosang. He wrapped an arm around Yeosang's waist and Yeosang moved in closer. "I'm afraid my King is spoken for."

"Hm," was all Taehyun said. "We shall see how long that lasts." 

"Wooyoungie is the one I love," Yeosang spoke up. "Not just a mere dance partner."

Taehyun showed no reaction. He backed up. "You are lucky, then," he said before he left. "You have what I never will."

'What I never will', Wooyoung knew, was Yeosang's ability to openly love another male. Such a thing would never be allowed in Cheshire, where the rules were even more strict than in Aurora.