Chapter Eight

~Erik's POV~
We all got on the aircraft, and Hank went front to pilot. I tried to sit beside Isabelle, when Charles swooped in and took the seat beside her, giving me a warning glare.

Raven sat beside Isabelle on her other side before I could as well, so I ended up sitting in between Sean and Alex. As the plane started its engine, we were set to go to Cuba.

"Looks pretty messy out there," Hank commented as he looked out the window.

"Crew of the Aral sea are all dead. Shaw's been there," Charles said with his hand on his temple.

"He's still here. Somewhere," I said.

"He set the ship on course for the embargo line," Charles stated.

"That ship crosses the line, our boys are gonna blow it up. And the war begins," Moira warned.

"Unless they're not our boys," Charles implied. What plan did he have in mind?

"Wait, I can go back and reverse time. That can give us time to go on the cargo ship and change its course," Isabelle suggested.

"No it's too dangerous," I disagreed. I couldn't let her get hurt even more than she already was.

"Yeah I'm going to have to agree with Erik on this one," Charles agreed.

"Didn't you say you had absolute faith in me? Just let me try," Isabelle pleaded.

Charles hesitated for a moment, glancing at the others to see if they agreed. "Fine."

Isabelle nodded with enthusiasm as she went over to the airlift. Charles followed and I grabbed his arm to stop him, "Are you sure this is a good idea?"

"Am I sure? No. Do I have hope? Yes," Charles replied and I let go.

The plane slightly lowered, getting closer to the surface of the ocean. "Be careful," I warned Isabelle.

"I'll be fine," she said and dropped into the water.

"So how will we know if she did it? Since she's reversing time," I asked.

"Oh we'll know," Charles smiled slyly.

~Isabelle's POV~

After using my powers to go back twenty minutes, my vision felt blurry and I felt something drip down my nose. I wiped a finger under to see what it was. Blood. I shrugged it off and kept swimming. I had twenty minutes to stop that ship from crossing the embargo line.

As soon as I saw the ship approaching, I swam faster, grabbing a railing from the edge of the boat. I began to climb, my clothes feeling heavier since they were soaked with water.

Once I reached the surface, I heard the sound of an airplane turbulence getting louder. Dang it. I now had ten minutes. I sneaked around the floor, trying to look for one of Shaw's people. Suddenly, an arm wrapped around my neck, grabbing me in a choke hold.

"How did you get on here?" Azazel questioned, keeping a strong grip on me.

Iz, just get out now, what are you doing? Charles's voice was in my head.

I'm giving you some time. Trust me it's all part of a plan, I spoke back.

I kicked behind me, my foot landing between Azazel's shins. As he released his grip and tumbled over in pain, I rushed towards the steering wheel, turning it violently to the left.

This violent turn caused Azazel to slide to the wall as he tried to regain his balance. I pulled down a lever, surging the boat another way.

Good job Iz, now get out of the boat. I'm going to bomb it, Charles spoke.

"Huh?" I was distracted momentarily, which gave Azazel the chance to grab my arm, pulling me away from the steering wheel. "So we're playing that game,huh? Then I guess you're going down with me!" I shouted as I pushed both of us through the glass windows of the boat, causing us to crash down in the water.

Before Azazel could teleport back in the boat, a missile aimed right towards it. I needed time to get back to the others without getting blown to pieces. I held out my hand, causing time to freeze for the moment.

With this, I swam rapidly back to the ship, feeling myself tiring because I had never used so much of my power and it was quite draining. As I finally reached under where the plane had been hovering over, time flowed normally once again and the missile crashed into the boat, causing it to shatter into pieces.

I panted while laughing, "I did it." Glancing upwards, I noticed the plane opening up and lowering down.

Two hands reached out for me. "Common, take our hands," Charles said, holding his out. Erik was holding his out as well. I took both their hands and they pulled me up, back into the aircraft.

"You did great out there Iz," Charles said with a smile, pulling me into a hug as I regained my balance.

"Yeah how'd you end up on that boat?" Raven asked.

"Well in another...alternate version I guess you'd say, the cargo boat was really close to crossing the embargo line and no one really had time to think of a plan. So I had suggested I go back in time and turn the boat around, giving you some time to think of a plan," I explained, "And surprisingly it worked."

"Well that was pretty freakin' epic. I gotta hand it to ya Isabelle," Alex said with a smile.

"Thanks," I was still catching my breath and Charles patted my back. "Did you find Shaw yet?"

"No, I can't read him," Charles shook his head.

"Is there anything unusual on the scanners?" Hank asked.

"No," Moira shook her head as well, "Nothing"

"Well then he must be underwater," Hank indicated, "An obviously we don't have sonar."

We all sighed. "Yes we do," Sean spoke up gallantly.

"Yes we do," Charles repeated, taking off his headset and seatbelt. Erik did so as well. They walked to the back and Charles yelled, "Hank! Level the bloody plane!"

Before I knew it, the backdrop was opening. "Alert the fleet, they might want to take their cannons off," Moira said into a walkie-talkie. Sean jumped down below, soaring through the sky. He then dived into the water.

"Banshee's got a location on Shaw," Charles said with a smile, his hand on his temple. He looked at Erik, "You ready for this?"

"Let's find out," Erik said menacingly.