Chapter Seven

~Flashback~
"Why do you stay with me Charles?" I asked, gazing into his bright blue eyes. I drew a hearts on his chest with my finger as I spoke, listening closely on his steady heartbeat. His right arm was tightly wrapped around me while his other was tucked under his head.

"What?" Charles looked down at me with furrowed eyebrows, as if I'd just said something rather insane.

"I said, why do you choose to stay with me? You could be off, enjoying the time of your life but for some reason, you chose to stay with me. Why is that?" I was genuinely curious.

He took out the left hand he had tucked under his head and took my hand in his, giving me his bright signature smile. "Because with you, the whole rest of the world is nonexistent in my eyes. All those thoughts of others bombarding my mind vanish," he kissed the top of my hand, "Because of you Isabelle."

I smiled in return, my face turning bright red. I hadn't expected that response and it was quite heartwarming.

"Now I have a question for you Miss Sandreas," Charles said, imitating such a formal attitude.

I chuckled in response, "Alright, what's your question Mister Xavier?"

"What if I asked you to become Mrs.Xavier?" He smiled. I stared back at him, expecting this to be a cruel joke when suddenly, he pulled out a silver ring.

I covered my mouth as I gasped in shock and rapidly engulfed him in a hug, making me roll on top of him. He laughed, "I'm guessing that's a yes?"

"Of course it is," I beamed in complete joy.

~End of Flashback~
~Charles's POV~
I glanced at Isabelle with worry. She had been very quiet this morning, and wasn't even down for breakfast. Her bright green eyes which usually twinkled ecstatically now had a somber expression.

Last night, she came to me bawling in tears because apparently she had seen Erik kiss Raven. That made me think, maybe that's why she left me so long ago. Yes, it was because she was afraid I'd be in danger, but maybe she was also afraid of rejection or getting hurt herself.

We were both walking to meet up with the others to see Hank's aircraft when Erik had suddenly approached. "Isabelle, can we just talk this out?" Erik pleaded.

"I...I've got to go. The others are probably waiting. Let's go Charles," Isabelle responded quickly, already rushing away.

"I'll be there in a minute," I called out. Erik was giving me a harsh glare. "Look now Erik, there's no use in being angry with me, it's you who did the deed."

"Don't put this all on me. I know it's my fault but why would you try to steal her away from me right after she left me? Do you always like to take sloppy seconds?" Erik snapped.

"Iz is not a 'sloppy second'," I stood closer to him, scowling at him, "And if you don't see that, than you definitely don't belong with her."

"Is this because you were going to marry her? Maybe that's why she left you. She didn't want to stay with a guy like you either," Erik growled, his hands curling into fists.

I studied him, narrowing my eyes, and going deeper into his thoughts. Raven told him. "That is not why she left," my jaw clenched as I spoke, "Leave what her and I had, out of this." Before he could respond, I pushed him aside and walked past him.

~Time Skip~
~Isabelle's POV~

We all stood in front of the aircraft, all in our yellow and blue suits. The aircraft was amazing with all its vitality, but one thing that came to mind was-

"Where's Hank?" Raven asked. Even though I was still devastated with what she did the day before, I agreed with her. Where the hell was Hank?

"I'm here," we heard a familiar voice say. A blue figure walked closer toward us, and when I began to notice who it was, my eyes widened in shock.

"Hank?" Charles arched a brow, unsure if that was actually him. Hank had been covered in blue fur all around, with sharp teeth and claws. His eyes had a bright yellow pigment. His black glasses were crooked and hung diagonally above the crook of his nose.

"It didn't attack the cells, it enhanced them," Hank said with a frown, bowing his head down, "It didn't work."

"Yes it did Hank," Raven looked amazed by his new appearance. "Don't you see? This, is who you were meant to be. This is you. No more hiding."

Raven had been in her original, blue scaled, bright orangish hair form, which I hadn't seen in a while. It was nice to see her confident in herself again, even though I was still kind of angry at her.

"Never a better man," Erik patted his shoulder, which resulted in Hank swiftly grappling his throat with one hand, squeezing the life out of him. He growled at him, squeezing tighter.

"Don't mock me," he growled. Erik struggled under his grip.

"Hank, let go of him," I pleaded. Even though I hated his guts, I couldn't see him die.

"Hank, put him down immediately please," Charles ordered. He raised his voiced, "Hank!"

Hank dropped him down, causing Erik to fall hard on the ground, panting heavily. "I wasn't," Erik breathed heavily, looking up at Hank.

"Man even I gotta admit you look badass," Alex commented, his arms crossed, "I think I've got a new name for you. Beast."

Considering how long Alex had been teasing Hank, it was a shock to hear the Havoc himself finally compliment the guy. Hank huffed in response.

"You sure you can fly this thing?" Sean asked.

"Of course I can, I designed it," Hank said proudly.