Shielding her eyes from the sudden blast of sunlight that hits when she first removes her cap, she squints at the trio who walk at about one tree's distance ahead. Seb Nakmanara, who stands closest to the trees edge, can easily be placed as the sensible one of the three, with his casual demeanour that he only dons when he's around his close friends. His dark, slightly overgrown hair falls majestically across his olive skin, and his tanned hands reside comfortably in his pockets. He wears a dark green t-shirt and a small smile, giggling childishly every now and then at the buffoonery that is his two other closest friends.

     TJ and Bailey are practically joined at the hip, fitting with laughter each and every second that passes— so much so, their hysterics become silent and they have to keel over in hopes of a quick recovery. Penny would love to know what they were discussing that caused such raging chuckles, though her immediate guess was that it was simply nothing at all, just the enjoyment and relaxed nature the two had created with each other over the years. They both wear similar attire— almost matching floor-length jeans aside from the colour, and both adorning baseball jerseys, though TJ's is yellow and rather pleasantly fitting, and Bailey's is white with the sleeves falling past her finger tips. The two would be indistinguishable from shoulders down, if it weren't for Bailey's character defining battered red sneakers that she refused to switch up.

     TJ guffaws loudly as he shoves Bailey into the closest tree branch, the sharp shrapnel snagging at the skin on her neck.

     A faint "Ha! Now your neck matches your face! You almost look better for it, dear!" Can be heard up ahead.

     This is of course met wittily with a "Touché, my friend! You know I was going for the whole 'sliced n diced' look!" Inevitably followed by a bout of contagious sniggering.

"Idiots," Ruth rolls her eyes. Penny isn't sure she agrees though, she finds them rather endearing and amusing. "They're gunna get themselves killed one day, y'know. If they carry on like this." Penny shrugs in return, she isn't all for Ruth's relentless negativity.

     "Hey!" Bailey suddenly spins around and Penny wonders if she has overheard what herself and Ruth were talking about— though she expects Bailey would be her usual light-hearted self about it. "Where are we headed. Because it looks to me...yes," She mimics a magnifying glass to stare at the ground. "We're heading up the frickin' quarry. Is that the plan?" There's a minute of silence as they all look to one another for an answer; they hadn't got this far through planning.

     "Yeah." Ruth nods, pushing past Seb, Bailey and TJ, leading the way. "Why not." TJ falls by Penny's side, and Seb and Bailey drag their feet slightly behind.

     "What's she got a stick up her ass for?" Seb murmurs, nodding his head towards Ruth, half scared Ruth might hear him. Now, Seb was all for sincerity and responsibility, but this was supposed to be fun— well, if you discarded the story behind their journey— and Ruth was taking group leadership to a whole new level.

     "Hmm," Bailey frowns. She hasn't been as perceptive to notice anything to be wrong, but she supposed Ruth had seemed a little out of place for the duration of the morning. Not to say she didn't have a serious streak, but when Bailey was around Ruth often let slide at least a smile— but not today. "Maybe her head's so far up her ass, she can't be charmed by this beautiful face!" She flashes a grin, and cups her face with her boney hands, causing Seb to chuckle genially.

     "Ah, well, I suppose someone has to take the lead." He shoves his hands in his jean pockets. "Glad it's her and not me. She's good at it anyway." A mischievous smile broadens Bailey's bruised complexion. "What?" Seb groans, face full of dread at his friend's all too familiar face.