Moriko's POV

Here's the problem.

Some guy who I think is running this killing game wrote me a note saying to meet him in the storage room on the 5th floor.

Yesterday, I called him out, saying he was the mastermind.

Now, I think he's gonna fight me.

And I'm worried he's gonna try to fight until one of us dies.

I peeked out of my room. No one there. Good. I should hurry, I don't want to lose any possible advantage.

I checked one more time before I started to sprint through the hall and up the stairs. Eventually, I got to the 5th floor. It's pretty dark up here.

Suddenly, I felt something grab my shoulder.

"Glad you could make it."

I suddenly got pulled back into another room.

The empty room.

I was thrown onto the floor and heard the person lock the door. I finally looked up at them.

"Etsu Nishiyama."

He looked into my eyes. "Moriko Aikawa."

I stood up. "So. Why did you tell me to meet you here? And pull me into a different room than planned as well."

"You said I was the mastermind in front of everyone. Honestly, I don't blame you. You hear I'm an arsonist, you see more suspicious activity. It all started to piece together, didn't it?"

"I already knew you were working with Atsuko. You're probably also working with someone else. Either on the same level as you or higher. You have to be the mastermind. In fact, this proves it."

He softly chuckled. "I've always known you'd be smart enough to figure that out." He pushed some of his dark red hair out of his face. I was able to see him more clearly now.

His right eye (left, from my perspective) was white. He also had a long scar cutting across the side of his forehead.

"I thought both of your eyes were red. Explain your right eye."

He stepped closer to me. "They were both red because of contacts. But what if I said that it's also related to where the scar came from?"

He took another step. "What if I said that the person you're talking to right now isn't actually me?"

What? "I.. I don't understand how that connects."

"Of course you wouldn't." He kept on taking more and more steps. I felt my back hit the wall.

"I'll tell you. But first," He stopped coming closer. Although he was already too close for comfort. "Fight me. Till one of us is on the edge of death. Won't that be fun?" I looked up at him. He was grinning widely.

"This isn't you."

"Didn't I already say that?" He lifted up my chin so I couldn't look away. He was still grinning.

"Please. Stop."

"Come on, Aikawa. Isn't this what you wanted? The mastermind of this killing game defeated? Well, here's your chance."

He swiftly turned on his heel and walked to the other side of the room. I saw him take off his coat and toss it in the corner. I did the same, clutching my jacket until I eventually set it down too. This might be the last time I ever feel it.

When I stood back up, he was already looking back at me.

"Ready?"

I'm not ready.

"Ready."

He charged at me. I moved out of the way, and saw him crash into the wall before quickly changing direction. I moved a foot or two over so he crashed again, before moving over and holding him on the wall. He was breathing heavily.

"So? Explain, now." He finally lifted his face up so I could see it. Both his eyes were red. "Wha- how?!" He couldn't have put contacts in that fast.

"Moriko..." He mumbled. His face was filled with genuine fear. "Please."

"I'll tell you everything, just, please. Don't kill me."

What should I do?

"What's.. going on?"
"My sister... she went through this same kind of thing. A killing game. She killed, and she escaped." He paused for a moment. "Someone there created this sort of mind controlling device. She killed them, got the device, and came back home." Another pause. "She cut my head open to use it on me. That's where this came from." He tried to gesture to his scar, but could barely move since I was holding him down.

"And the white-red eye?"

"Her eyes are white. She's here when my eye is white. I guess that's part of the effects."

He paused. "It sounds so fake."

I saw his eye turn white. 

"Etsu?"

"I-It's okay..." He said. "I can feel her in my head. I'm trying to fight it off."

He seemed to spend the next few minutes struggling. Eventually, he was back to red.

"I really feel like I can't go on much longer." He sighed.

"No, come on. You can fight this. This wasn't your fault in the first place, right? You have nothing to worry about."

He chuckled. "Please..." He said, looking into my eyes, "Just kill me now."

I let go of him and he sunk down to the floor. I fell down beside him.

"I-I can't do that! I could never murder someone, not even you!"

"I'd rather die as myself than die as someone else." I saw both of his eyes get dimmer and slightly lighter.

"I.. I don't know what to do.."

"Hey, Moriko." He said. I looked into his light red eyes. "You've pretty much only seen my sister, instead of just me. This is one of the only times I remember. And.. can I tell you something?"
His eyes grew lighter. "I... I've always really cared about you. If I wasn't dealing with all this shit, I think we'd probably.. be... really... g-good... friends..."

No more red anymore.

...

Oh fuck.

Oh fuck.

(In the original google doc, the bolded "oh fuck" was hot pink, like the blood in danganronpa games)

AAAHHHH this was so fun to write!!! And yeah, Danganronpa blood color at the end. For context, Etsu is completely gone, and is replaced by his sister, who then brutally murders Moriko. (Later on in the plot Etsu comes back for one last time, right before he dies.)

I'll answer questions about this (cause it's too weird to not have questions) as best as I can