she peeped through the window and her heart almost stopped. it was isaac. he looked handsome- a mess but handsome regardless. his once curly fluffy hair was flat and dull and he had heavy bags under his eyes. he wasn't even wearing his pajama shirt the right way.

nico quickly unlocked the door and opened it, standing against it as she blurted out, "your shirts backwards."

isaac looked down and then back up, letting out a sigh before talking, "i had a bad dream."

she stared up at him. they stood in silence for about three seconds before she stepped outside and hugged him tightly, burrowing her head in his chest as she let out a muffled, "i'm sorry."

he hugged her with one arm, his other hand on the back of her head as he leaned down and gently kissed the top of her head.

she pulled back after a minute, taking his hand and pulling him into the house. "go to my room, i'll make some hot chocolate." she closed the front door and locked it, heading to the kitchen as isaac headed up the stairs.

she worked quickly, waiting for the milk to simmer before pouring in two slips of cocoa powder into the liquid. she then split it between two mugs, decorating the hot chocolate with whipped cream and marshmallows. she'd clean up the mess later, her main priority was isaac.

it had only taken about 10 minutes but she hoped it wasn't too long as she strutted up the stairs with the two mugs in hand, hoping isaac hadn't fallen asleep in her bed. instead, when she got to her room, he was sitting at her chair watching the stream she had pulled up.

she set down the mug in front of him and smiled back when he looked up at her and gave her a smile, wrapping an arm around her.

silence enveloped them as she stood, sipping her chocolate as isaac leaned his head against her tummy and drank his own, entertained by the stream.

eventually, the mugs were empty and set on her desk and they were both now sitting on the rug, leaned against her bed sat next to each other, nearly in complete darkness once again, just how nico had been about an hour earlier. the only light coming from her windows.

"why didn't you come see me..?" his voice was barely a whisper, almost afraid to break the comforting silence. "or even text."

"because i was scared," she responded with the same tenderness, pressing her palms down on the fur rug.

silence. nico's heart pounded.

before she could even process what was happening, isaac pulled her on his lap. her legs were across his, her side pressed against his torso as he leaned his forehead on her shoulder.

"i thought we agreed we were prepared for what came with us." he squeezed his arms around her waist, breath hot against her bicep.

she wrapped a hand around his forearm, "not that. i meant scared of not giving you what you deserve.." her lips parted as she searched for the proper words, "i am afraid that i will make you feel less than you are worth."

isaac chuckled and looked up at her, gently moving her bangs out of her eyes, "if i got my feelings hurt by the nicole, it would be a privilege to say i did, baby."

nico laughed and wrapped her arms around his neck, straddling him properly and snuggling into him. his arms fell comfortably around her and they fell into another gap of silence as their breathing and heartbeats blended into a warm symphony.

he noticed that she had fully relaxed and was starting to breathe slower. he bounced one of his thighs lightly and spoke, "how about we go on a date tomorrow? at the aquarium."

half asleep, nico let out a hum of acknowledgment and drifted off once again in isaac's firm arms.

the relief that filled isaac's heart was almost overwhelming. he was glad to know that he wasn't the only one afraid to mess things up. but it proved to him that they were both only just trying their best.

im looking for beta readers dm me if ur interested preferably if u hav a pc :c(if not thats ok)

dm me if ur interested
preferably if u hav a pc :c
(if not thats ok)