🌜Sleepover - Part 3🌛

Start from the beginning

"Trust me, I do. I..." he trailed for a bit, "I'm worried about you."

Goddammit. I anxiously shifted in my seat, my hands finding anything to fidget with to stop them from twitching. "It's just that..well— Sometimes they..sometimes at night— if they're mad at me, which is like every day— sometimes th-they throw Ph-phoenix...out. Yeah— yeah, sometimes they lock her out of the house a-and then I wake up in the middle of the night to hear her crying for help a-and— and I know they know, you know? B-but they don't give a fuck and I do because I care about her for some reason like I don't even know—"

I got brutally cut off from my idiotic rambling by Augustino wrapping his arms around me. Momentarily frozen, I just sat there, my eyes burning. After a second or so, my brain calmed down. And emotions settled in. I tightly wrapped my arms around him, burying my face in his shoulder, taking in the familiar scent. I couldn't help the tears that silently fell down my face, the realization of the situation pinching in my eyes.

"I'm so sorry...That sounds horrible."

Did it?

After a moment that lasted way too short, he pulled away, concern-filled eyes boring into mine. "What else do they do..?"

I swallowed, fixating my gaze on the wall. I brought a shaking fist to my face to try and cover up the raging emotions with a mask of stress-related antics. Furiously blinking my eyes to get rid of the hot tears that burned behind them, I tried to come up with a way to deny his question. "A lot of things," I admitted in a low voice, each word carrying a certain weight that showed there was to be so much more behind it.

"I'm s—"

"Don't be sorry. I'm used to it, it's fine," I quickly cut him off, guilt already invading my lungs and punching out the air. I blew a strand of hair out of my face, still averting eye contact.

I heard the dull sound of chair legs scraping against the floor, causing my gaze to shift. I looked up to see Augustino walking over to his nightstand, grabbing something, and returning.

He sat in front of me with the most serious expression on his face, a glimmer of nervousness in his eyes. I pitched a brow at him, anxiety of my own tingling in my hands.

"Keith."

A small gasp escaped my mouth as I snapped back to reality. I hadn't even noticed I was zoned out. "Huh..Y-yeah, yeah..What?"

A small smile played on his lips, a somewhat nervous breath coming out after. It was now that I noticed he was holding his phone. "It's not fine...They— They're hurting you!"

I swallowed again, somehow hoping that the thick layer of grief and uneasiness would disappear just as fast as my saliva. I felt my hand reach against my upper arm, the other one viciously shaking against my leg. A dry chuckle rolled past my lips before I could stop it, the sound of it causing my ears to cringe. "Well hey, I've got Phoenix." The sarcasm was almost physically visible through my words, the anxiety that hid beneath it slowly devouring my already fucked up lungs hand in hand with guilt who'd had a headstart.

"Well, now you have me too." He glanced from me to his phone and back. "Maybe we should erm, you know...Maybe we should— we should exchange n-numbers...?"

God, he was so cute.

A faux smirk crept up my face, masking the heat that coursed through my cheeks. Feeling slightly bad for the pure embarrassment that crossed his face, I let out a sigh of defeat before letting the corners of my mouth curl into the genuine smile I was trying so hard to suppress. "Yeah, yeah we should."

I can't even describe the way his excited little smile reached all the way up to his eyes, matching that of his mom's. His irises sparkled in the sunlight that caught through the window, and it was beautifully adorable.

-------

"Are you sure you're okay to go home?"

Home. Whenever someone referred to my house as home, it felt foreign to me. Was I ready? No. Not that I ever was. Augustino stood in the doorway, his brown hoodie comfortably hugging him. "Don't worry, I'll be fine. Oh, and if I need to be saved, I'll just call you," I said with a sarcastic wink, but I could still see the blush on his cheeks.

Phoenix eagerly pulled on the leash, seemingly happy to go back to that hell hole. Nevertheless, I let out a laugh at her excited nature, causing Augustino to laugh as well. "Okay then, I guess I'll see you at school tomorrow."

"Yeah," I started before I noticed the disappointed pout that formed on his face. The sight of it made me finally acknowledge the heavy slur looming above my head. Damn it.

I dropped the leash -knowing Phoenix wouldn't leave my side- and stepped forward, causing Augustino's eyes to widen. I tightly wrapped my arms around him, the now familiar warmth comforting my racing mind. He immediately hugged me back, his fluffy hoodie feeling soft against my skin. "Thank you, Augustino. For everything," I muffled into his shoulder.

His grip tightened, pressing his cheek against my shoulder. Warmth rushed through me, tears of gratefulness pooling behind my eyes. What had I done to deserve him?

🌼-🌼-🌼-🌼-🌼-🌼-🌼-🌼-🌼-🌼-🌼

I hope you enjoyed this series, quite a lot happened, huh?

What was your favorite part? And what are your thoughts on the kiss scene?

New chapter will be up soon, this is just an extra:^

Still, a vote and a comment would be highly appreciated<3

The Rink (BXB) (COMPLETE~ UNDER EDITING)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara