12 hours later

Vernon and Petunia were causing a riot at the hospital. The two of them yelling and screaming at the top of their lungs demanding to talk to someone from the hospital staff or the zoo. Refusing to believe that there was nothing wrong with their precious little boy besides if you scrapes and cuts that were so superficial that besides wiping them down there's nothing more to do.

Petunia was absolutely livid as she screamed and yelled her face turning an ugly shade of violet and red. Demanding they do something refusing to believe that there's something else that could be done telling them if there was even a scar left on her baby boy's body that should be suing suit them all talking about how the zoo should be paying for things that they should be compensated money should be given to them how dare they hurt her precious baby how dare they how dare they. Her voice high and shrill sounding like nails on a chalkboard.

Vernon right next to her. Bellowing loudly his face and ugly shade of red. Yelling about being compensated about money being given to them his poor boys health his poor boys looks. Blame me at all on the zoo talking about how incompetent they were to even have glass shatter. Claiming it have been on purpose. That they were out to get him and his insurance company. His voice so jarringly loud and sounding like a blow horn.

Severus standing not too far away from them a grim look on his face. Standing there in his muggle attire trying to understand what had even remotely prompted Dumbledore to think that these two would be a great fit for Lily's son.

After that tragic night over a decade ago he never once truly thought about what had happened of Lily and James's child. Trusting Dumbledore when he told him he had found a suitable guardian for the boy. Letting Severus know that the child had Lily's beautiful green eyes making him swear by taking an unbreakable vow to help him in protecting the child however it may be needed and him in his grief agreeing to do so.

Never once it had crossed his mind of the possibility of the child being put into petunias care. If he had been aware that that is where Albus was deciding to put the boy he would have volunteered his damn self to take the kid in instead. Severus was well aware of petunias hatred and grudge against her sister.

Watching her now seeing her having become nothing but an even worse version of herself when they were children It had him wondering if maybe he should take Minerva and Poppy up on seeing a mind healer.

He was aware of how foolish his hatred for James and his friends were especially now after all these years. But it was one of the only things that helped him keep going. Literally was nothing for Severus to look forward to or hold on to he never wanted a job as a teacher he would have rather owned his own potion apocry. Selling potions and potions ingredients and making quite a nice living for himself.

Yeah it was because of his hatred of his muggle father the abuse that he had to go through while his mother sat back and did absolutely nothing. Having the only place he truly felt safe at Hogwarts turned into an absolute hell hole thanks to James and his friends as James saw him as competition for Lily's affection and love. It was making a dire mistake and having the only light at Hogwarts turn her back on him watching as she fell into the arms of his enemy all of this anger resentment feeling not good enough happening and coming up causing for him to turn to the dark lord.

When he was at his lowest and it felt like there was no one there Lucius and Narcissa took him in. They protected him gave him somewhere to go some kind of hope. Once Draco was born and it gave him a sense of family but he knew that that part of him was still there he was well aware of the fact that him and Lucius were nothing more than foolish boys one who could see the dark and evil twisted side of muggles and what hateful ones could do to you how a sister could shun you make you fun for yourself take away the love that she wants had. How father could sit there and be the most wild thing on the planet the one who was supposed to protect you can turn into the one who would hurt you the most he watched as his mother sat there and let it happen how she been so foolishly in love with a man she didn't know that even when she knew his true self she would rather allow for herself and her son to suffer then to go groveling back to her family.

His Outlook had already been tainted when it came to the Muggle population having no good interactions with any of them. He ignored Poppy and Minerva when they pleaded with him to see a mind healer telling him that he needed to deal with his emotions and the things that made him so biased towards muggle kind letting him know that not everyone was like that. But he couldn't he was too caught up to hurt in his emotions his feelings and kept way too busy by Albus to even remotely think about having time to get help or seek any. Yet as he stood there washing these two seeing bits and pieces of himself and his hatred reflected in their faces he couldn't help but shudder.

No this was not what he wanted to be he did not want to turn out to be just like the two of them. Getting to a point where logic fails him. A point where he no longer has some sense of reality. No he will never get to that point of no return he vowed to himself silently there as he waited there for Albus Dumbledore himself to appear and talk to the ridiculous muggle couple about their treatment of Harry. That as soon as they got back to the castle he was going straight to the medical wing hoping that Poppy would be more than willing to finally set him up with one of her mind healer friends Severus was well aware of the fact that this wasn't going to be an easy or quick journey but he refused to ever get to the point where he would allow for his hatred to blind him so much that he would take it out or in a poor innocent child or get to the point where he is spewing absolutely nonsense at those who know better than him.

For once Severus was vowing to do something that benefited him for himself. For once he was putting himself first and not thinking about the greater good or the way that others would perceive or see him he wasn't worried about getting his mother's approval his father's attention or affection. For Albus or any of his teachers to see the good in him for his classmates to finally give him a chance and like him no for once Severus was thinking about himself.

So this was a short chapter it also was like a very interesting one that was in the mind of Severus and it was for a purpose. I feel like there has to be some reason why he's going to be slightly nicer to Harry also as someone who genuinely likes his character and yes I mean even the book version of him who is absolutely fucking horrendous to Harry but I understand I was not Severus I was more along the lines of Harry in terms of shitty upbringing and my younger years before like my family tree got complicated but also made more sense.

But I did have a grandmother who was a Severus Snape and I saw how because she refused to get help talk to the therapist or to people who genuinely wanted the best for her she just got worse over the years the older she got the more bitter and vile and mean and straight down cruel she became. Having people who did not want to help her but instead use her anger and her trauma to help themselves out by manipulating and using her and it's the same way that I see Severus like he is a shitty person but he's also very in-depth character that makes sense like if he was a real life person he would need to get help like he would genuinely need therapy and for someone to sit there and help him but if he also had people like say Dumbledore who sat there and is a huge huge figure in his life and that he genuinely sits there and listens to and does what he says but also let's be real Dumbledore manipulates a lot of people the series which is why again I don't like him and he's not going to necessarily be a good good guy in my book because being willing to manipulate people and sacrifice their own mental health and the opportunity to get them help or to help them out in any way in order to do something for the greater good of society isn't exactly a good guy he'd find a way to do what he has to do without having to strategically sacrifice people in the process.