➤ eat at baratie

Start from the beginning

"I didn't know I could."

Usopp grabbed Asa's shoulder and cheered loudly while laughing. The boy couldn't help but radiate the same energy.

"Nami, get us out of here." Luffy smiled.

"On it. Let's disappear." And she steered them into the white thick fog where Garp could no longer catch sight of them.

══════════════《 ⚓ 》══════════════

        "𝐇𝐎𝐖'𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 ship look?" Nami asked Asa. "Broken railing." The male wearily answered.

"Minor damage," Zoro added. "Could've been a lot worse."

"Could've been better." She muttered.

"Can't see the Marines anywhere," Usopp called out. "Can't see anything in this soup. What we need is a place to lay low, and wait out any reinforcements they send after us. My charts are useless in this fog."

"What did Luffy say?" Zoro questioned.

"He's on the bow," Usopp answered. "He hasn't said anything since we hightailed it."

"Well somebody needs to talk to him. About this and that other thing."

"What other thing?" Zoro confusingly looked at Nami.

"Gee, I wonder. The vice-admiral-of-the-Marines-is-my-grandfather thing."

"Oh, that." Usopp winced. "Yeah, I don't really know the guy that well..."

"Just met him." Asa shrugged.

"Doesn't seem like a big deal."

Nami stared at them with an unreadable expression before turning to Zoro. "You're his first mate. Kind of seems like that falls under your job description."

Zoro thought about this for a second before speaking. "Fine." Not even a second later he came back. "Seems fine to me."

"Did you even ask him?"

Zoro ignored her and walked past him, making Asa shake his head. Luffy then stood up from where he was sitting and sniffed the air out. Asa glanced at him, raising an eyebrow.

"Hey! You guys smell that?"

Asa copied his actions and snuffed around, but he couldn't smell a thing. "Nope."

"Smell what?"

"There's something on the breeze." Luffy closed his eyes and snuffed the air eagerly like he was Tanjiro or something. "Smells like butter...Soy sauce...And meat." He smiled at the last smell.

"I can't smell anything." Usopp shrugged.

"Think he has brain damage?" Zoro asked Nami.

"I think that every day."

"Look, Luffy, playing follow the smell is fun and all, but we really gotta get out of this fog."

"I know, but I smell food, which means that there's someone somewhere cooking."