I turned on my heels. "I'm sorry I just got here and-" I instantly paused when I realized that I was not talking to the receptionist here, but to one of the well-known twin sisters, who was also now essentially my boss.

She gave me a once over, taking a glance up and down my body and face. 

Then, she stared at me. I stood still, absolutely not knowing what to do, not wanting to start my first day here on the wrong foot. 

I took a deep breath and introduced myself. "Hi, I'm Ana, the new employee", are the only words that I managed say.

She didn't say a word and just kept staring at me. I was feeling incredibly uncomfortable and I would have done anything at this moment to keep her blue eyes away from me. 

"How old are you?" She asked quietly, which took me off guard. 

I was confused as to why she was asking me this. 

"I'm 25." 

Her eyes widened a little for a second, then softened, only to regain their natural shape. She seemed to be, for whatever reason, processing the information. Then, she did something that made me think that she was trying to stop herself from overthinking, but this is only me trying to read her. 

"I see. They didn't tell me you'd be that young. That's why I was surprised." She said with a cold and firmer voice. I noded in response, not really knowing what to say in this kind of situation.

"Was the wall interesting?" I glanced at her, confused. 

"The wall. You were looking at it before I interrupted you. 

"Oh! the wall...yes. It's... it's umh... very pretty." I bursted out, stumbling over my words. "I just got here a few minutes ago,  it made me curious."I added and she nodded simply. 

"Follow me." She ordered as she turned around and started walking towards an elevator. I followed her. She was walking fast for someone as tiny as she is, but who was I to judge since I am probably over a few inches taller than her. 

We walked past several rooms. Some of those were full of fabrics, delivery boxes, models. Others however, were filled with offices. After about a minute, we finally arrived to what I supposed were the Twins' offices, as they were the biggest and were next to each other. One of them must be for Mary-Kate and the other one for Ashley. 

She stepped into the office whose door indicated, in the same gold capital letters as the ones on the main door of the building, "MARY-KATE OLSEN".

So, this was Mary-Kate. Great.

"Ashley's running a little late today, but she'll be here soon. I've got a lot to do this morning, so she'll be the one to show you around when she arrives." I noded, watching her as she took off her coat. 

She started doing a million things at once, grabbing files while turning her computer on. She was wearing oversized black pants with a simple tight black shirt. Her hair was loose and her eyelids were covered with black eyeshadow that brought out her deep light blue eyes. 

"Unfortunately, we don't have a free office for you as the person who was here before you hasn't cleaned up yet. I can't believe they hired someone like that." She mumbled and rolled her eyes, discreetly but without going unnoticed. 

I realized that the Twins didn't seem to be the ones hiring their employees. This would legitimize why Mary-Kate looked surprised when I told her how old I was since they don't seem to be aware of who HR hires. 

"I'll make sure she cleans up as soon as possible. Until then, you'll stay here in my office or in Ashley's." I noded as I was trying my best to keep up with everything that she was saying.