"Oh, you know, Mary had a little lamb, its fleece was white as snow" Spencer tried not to laugh.

"And everywhere that Mary went. Mary went. Mary went. And everywhere that Mary went, the lamb was sure to go" Maxwell went back into the kitchen as Gracie shook her head with a laugh.

"Any plans tonight?" she asked her.

Spencer shrugged, "eat a tub of ice cream and contemplate every life choice I've made."

Gracie chuckled, "sounds like fun."

"You?"

"Bar, wanna come?"

"Oh! Sure" she smiled. "Want to come over to my place and get ready? We can split the taxi's."

"Totally!"

Spencer wrote down her number on a sticky note, as well as her address, "text me when you're on the way" she handed her the paper.

"I'm closing, so I'll stop after 9?"

"Yeah" Spencer nodded.

──────⊱⁜⊰──────

"Do you go to uni?" Gracie asked her from Spencer's bed as she pet Nox.

"No" Spencer shook her head as she applied her mascara. "Can't really afford it" she added.

"But you can afford this apartment?" Gracie laughed.

"That is kinda complicated" she replied with a chuckle, "erm- Andrew's parent's, my roommate, they own the complex" she lied. "Me and Andrew have been friends for the longest and when they offered him this place it was kind of big for him and he offered me this room" she answered. "He doesn't let me pay rent so I always get groceries and things like that."

"Where is he?"

"He's covering one of his co-workers" she answered. "He works at a movie theater."

"If you could go to uni would you?"

"Hmm," Spencer wondered, "I've never really thought about it."

She took a moment, "When I was a little girl I wanted to be a therapist, so yeah I guess."

Gracie nodded, "I'm studying business but it's not really something I'm into."

"What are you into?"

"Film" she nodded. "But, you know, it's kinda hard to get a job in that profession."

She nodded, "parents not supportive?"

"Mom is," she shrugged, "my dad not so much."

Spencer nodded again.

"My dad saw a lot of the hardships my grandparents went through when they immigrated here. Leaving Korea... it was hard for them" she shrugged. "My dad just wants me to have something to fall back on, you know?"

"Yeah" she nodded.

"Sorry, I kind of killed the mood" she laughed.

"Don't worry," she shook her head, "I'm sure after seven shot's I'll kill the mood too" she laughed.

Spencer liked Gracie, she was funny and knew nothing about her.

She was a new person.

They went into the bar, Gracie went to go get drinks as she found a table. She sat by a window, able to see the busy street.