Future in the Past 𝟏 ⚝

⋆⁺。˚⋆˙‧₊☽ ◯ ☾₊‧˙⋆˚。⁺⋆

Hogwarts Castle...

A large seven story high building supported by magic, with a hundred and forty-two staircases throughout its many towers and turrets and very deep dungeons.

The castle was built in the late Early Middle Ages by a wizard architect and four most celebrated wizards of the age :

Godric Gryffindor

Helga Hufflepuff

Rowena Ravenclaw

Salazar Slytherin

The castle was the main building of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, regarded as the finest wizarding school in the world.

      ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Hogwarts《1995》

Safe...

Hogwarts was her home..

Home.. a place where you belong.. you feel the warmth and love radiating from each and every corner.. even the cracks in the walls have memories..

It was supposed to be her safe space.. away from the horrors she was subjected to..

So why.. did at every turn she felt so unsafe..?

It felt like she escaped from one prison just to land in another.. 

This one just offered her more freedom but still every action of hers was controlled by some other..

And she had unknowingly fallen into the trap perfectly laid out before her..

Even if it had been for a little while, she had foolishly believed she was free..

Instead she felt like she was teetering on the edge of the abyss, a little misstep, and she would continue falling down never to come out ever again..

"--rie..Valerie!" 

She flinched and let out a startled scream backing away as her wide eyes connected with equally surprised brown eyes that showcased a great amount of concern and understanding.

She willed herself to relax letting out a shaky sigh and taking in deep breaths to calm her erratic breathing.

"I'm so sorry Val.. I called for your attention several times and there was no response from you, so I had to raise my voice a little..", Hermione whispered ruefully as she gently placed herself on the edge of the bed.

"No.. Don't worry.. I'm fine.. I was a little startled is all.." Valerie responded back to her leaning back on the pillows, resting her head on the headboard.

Valerie glanced at Hermione to see her forehead creased in worry, her eyes glistening.

She peered down to see what she was so fixed on just to realize her hands were shaking terribly.

She closed her eyes tightly, letting out a deep breath fisting her hands, digging her nails into her palms to ground herself. 

Hermione bit her lip contemplating for a moment before slowly scooching closer to her friend trying not to startle her or cause her more distress.